Thread: Timing calculator help

Tuner in Training

Timing calculator help

Does anyone have a working timing calculator for a 03 dodge 5.9 every one that I have found on here is locked

Banned
    Why do you want a timing calculator?

Tuner in Training
    To make my own tunes im trying to understand everything and the only thing I'm not getting so far is injection timing

Banned
    Forget the timing calculator, they don?t teach you anything. Just adjust timing a couple degrees at a time in the areas you are operating in till you like it. In the upper rpm and load range the max timing you don?t want to exceed is 1 degree for every 100us of duration unless you are tuning on a dyno to watch what the torque is doing. 3200us of duration in the upper rpm and load range would equal a max of 32 degrees of timing.

Banned
    It?s been beaten to death on the forum and other forums that timing calculators don?t tell you what proper timing should be, not sure why people keep wanting to go back to them.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Forget the timing calculator, they don?t teach you anything. Just adjust timing a couple degrees at a time in the areas you are operating in till you like it. In the upper rpm and load range the max timing you don?t want to exceed is 1 degree for every 100us of duration unless you are tuning on a dyno to watch what the torque is doing. 3200us of duration in the upper rpm and load range would equal a max of 32 degrees of timing.

Awesome thanks for the help I will look Into it tomorrow