Thread: 2013 Ford Mustang Spare PCM (VIN rewrite)

Tuner in Training

2013 Ford Mustang Spare PCM (VIN rewrite)

Hi, I have a 2013 Ford Mustang v6 from a customer, he had a problem with the old PCM shutting down the throttle so he bought a spare PCM... I paid 4 credits so we can pull the info from the stock one, modify some things on it and then write it on the spare one...

It didn't started and I did program the key with my key programmer and the car started with the spare pcm...

Last time I did a PCM swap was on a 2007 ford mustang and it allowed me to change the vin and I had no problem at all (I have the license for all 2007 mustangs)

LONG STORY SHORT, I have now the ABS light and the tractions lights on because the spare pcm vin is different than the OEM ABS module vin...

I need to change the vin on the spare pcm so it will work as it should... It's driving me crazy and I know it can be done because I did it in the past...

Need some guidance or advice to achieve this... thanks!!!!

I have the exact same problem on a 2013 GT. From all the searching it looks like HP Tuners used to support vin edits but removed it a few years ago. I now have a 2013 GT with ABS and PCM that don't match the car's VIN, however it does work.

Forscan can program VIN/VID block on the 2013 mustang pcm. I recommend a wired ELM 327 adapter for programming.