Thread: 2007 Stock yukon denali 6.2 cai Help with High Octane table

Potential Tuner

2007 Stock yukon denali 6.2 cai Help with High Octane table

Hi everyone, first time post and new to tuning. Ive tuned my Maf and some vve and vvt disabled. IM running 87 octane and am trying to tune the high octane table, but am getting KR. I'm logging the knock and paste special subtract, but my High octane has gone from 20 deg to 1 deg from subtracting after each log and at 1 deg I am still registering KR. Any advice would greatly help I'm logging most channels here's my recent log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mojofiltr; 01-17-2021 at 01:40 AM. Reason: log correction

The L92, with 10.5-to-1 compression, was never meant to run on 87. There should be a sticker on the fuel filler that says, premium fuel only.

Even still, GEN4 GM is not like GEN3. You should expect Knock Retard on GEN4. Their Knock Sensors are set up very sensitive. If you remove so much timing, they get poor fuel economy and power.

Potential Tuner
    THx for reply, my plan was to tune for 87octane then do 91 octane tune. I was begining to think there was something wrong with the engine via the vvt cam which is disabled. There is no premium sticker on the filler, but your right about the octane. I'll start tuning for the 91 octane today see how it goes, hopefully this will get me out of all the ping.

Looks like it's dipping into COT enrichment too, making the commanded fuel too rich. I would set that much lower and only rely on the PE EQ ratio for commanded fueling.

I would also zero out the base vs cylairdelta table in the burst knock section too.

Also you have the spark correction table labeled "Gas" adding in timing and if you don't want that you should zero it out. This why it only goes by the high/low octane tables and your other IAT and ECT timing corrections if needed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Looks like it's dipping into COT enrichment too, making the commanded fuel too rich. I would set that much lower and only rely on the PE EQ ratio for commanded fueling.

I would also zero out the base vs cylairdelta table in the burst knock section too.

Also you have the spark correction table labeled "Gas" adding in timing and if you don't want that you should zero it out. This why it only goes by the high/low octane tables and your other IAT and ECT timing corrections if needed.
    Thanks so much I went in the catalyst protection and lowered the max enrichment from 1.33 to .33 , zeroed cylair delta , and the gas. I was wondering why it was going from .82 to .75 lambda in some places. All I can say is its good to be here in this great place of tuning wisdom. I'll give it a go and appreciate your help my friend

Did it blow up or am I on time?
    Not .33 unless you want to pick pieces of piston out of the oil pan.
    I just set it to the same as my PE number (1.19 or whatever you decide on) or a touch higher if the cats are there.

Potential Tuner
    Oh noooooo..... I didnt realize it would blow up. Its still good it ran fat after I flled up on 91 the afr gauge was going crazy. I have 1.17 on the pe I'll set that to the cot. I'm glad I was watching that wideband LOL. I got cats on, so if I go catless I'll just disable it completely right? I'll start Maf tuning tommorrow and start dialing in that curve and hopefully things will go smooth thx buddy

Yeah. Totally fine to disable it.