Thread: L83 maggy 2300 unlicensed vehicle?

Tuner in Training

L83 maggy 2300 unlicensed vehicle?

Installed a maggy 2300 on l83 yesterday. They supply an mpvi2 device. Was able to get the tune from them and the rtd driver software also. All went well except for when I try to flash the file. It just says unlicensed vehicle and sits there. I had licensed the vehicle with my mpvi2 and got the trifecta tune out and flashed everything back to stock before installation. Reaynced the rtd tool. Shoes credits added, just sits there at unlicensed vehicle and does not bring up the credit selection screen. Anybody dealt with this issue or have the base L83 maggy file handy? Customer wants to keep their tune for now for warranty purposes.

Does it say specifically what controller is not licensed?

It will usually say something like PCM/E92, T42 or FPSM/FPCM for the fuel pump control module.

Also I can see it where it if you are flashing in a file that was not yours to begin with, that would be a reason for the unlicensed vehicle message. You own the credits towards the PCM in the truck with that tune file. The other tune file you downloaded you do not own, so it would ask for credits of that.

You can copy and paste data in the file you have licensed too.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 01-17-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The credit confirmation.screen just won't pop up. I reaynced the rtd device that came with the kit and it states credits added.

The rtd uses another app the rtd flasher so I can't open that in vcm editor. You can only flash with the rtd tool for the file they sent me.

Only options were for ecm and tcm. Tried just not writing tcm as I don't think they did anything with that side.

Might say f it and just start my own tune. I'll try to add the photo I took of the screen.

Might try a reflash from the respository first then retry. He had another company tune and I used that tool to return to stock. The tune before would not even let me flash in original gm files with sps. Blocked it like no comm

Tuner in Training

Potential Tuner
    How did you solve this problem?

Tuner in Training
    Ended up contacting magnuson support. They were very helpful. They eventually emailed me the file in .hpt format with the disclaimer that their warranty would be voided using the file this way. Customer agreed as additional upgrades are planned in the future. Had to pay for new credits however.