Thread: 2014 3.7 Ghost Cam

Tuner in Training

2014 3.7 Ghost Cam

So I'm trying to do a ghost cam tune on 2014 mustang 3.7.

Seems like the thing to do is command 0 intake cam retard and 40 for exhaust in mapped points 0 & 1.

The thing is even though when idling with the stock tune I'm seeing a weighting for mapped point 0 of 99% or higher, but as soon as I touch the mapped 0 valve phasing when in idle I'm seeing a weighting across the board of all of the mapped points when idling, with point 0 now less than 10% of the weighting, even though in both cases the car is idling in Optimum Stability mode.

Is there something triggering the different weighting at idle? Even if I add say 10 across the board for all EVC points the valve closing is still staying with 0.3 degrees at idle, but when blipping the throttle can clearly see the valve closing being adjusted.

Thanks in advance!

If your speed density table for the mapped point you changed is in major disagreement with the torque/spark model it will make it go all wacky and pick whatever MP closest matches the torque it's commanding vs the air load... Unless you have an external MAP sensor and ready to fix your speed density for cam overlap at idle you will never have any luck.

I personally have never seen anyone be able to tune a ghost cam that is fun to drive.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Ranger!