Thread: unable to find interface issue

Potential Tuner

unable to find interface issue

This has me baffled. I have an MPVI Pro and it had been working fine. I did a data log driving to a friends house, no problem all worked well. Then when I was leaving I was going to record another data log, but it kept saying could not find the interface. So I reboot the laptop, same thing. Try different USB ports, same thing. Get home and try a different USB cable, same thing. Try the USB cables with an aftermarket EFI system I have, and no problem. So the cables are good, the laptop and ports are good, but I still cant connect!
    So I tried my snap on scan tool and it connects and reads all data just fine. Any ideas what could be up? Could it be a barely used HP tuners interface has an issue? Hope not I am sure it is out of warranty but has only been used a dozen times or so! I am hoping it is something simple!
    Thank you!
    Tom

In this business, anything is possible. As HPTuners would tell you. "Open a support ticket".

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    In this business, anything is possible. As HPTuners would tell you. "Open a support ticket".
    I hear that! I work building pro and sportsman race car engines, so I have seen a few things! Yeah, already opened a support ticket, was just hoping to get lucky here!
    Thanks for the reply!
    Tom
    PS love the avitar!

I just had the same thing happen with my mpvi2. haven't used it but twice and kept having connection issues. Went to walmart and bought a new usb to usb-c cable and it fixed the issue so far. Hard to believe my cable was bad after a couple of times using it, and it being stored at home during non use.

You would not believe the amount of bad new components I get on a regular basis. I have even received counterfeit AC Delco parts from the dealer. I have also experienced bad USB cables.

Potential Tuner
    I heard back for HP Tuners very quickly (GREAT customer support!) They asked if I tried to connect it to another car. So I tried to connect it to my wife's Saturn. It connected (after playing with the buttons on it), and it connected, so I tried on my hemi Magnum, and it connected! So it is working now. Perhaps it was the USB port in the interface that was not making good connection.
    Anyway, all good now!
    Thanks all!
    Tom