Thread: Trying to figure out tire setting

Tuner in Training

Trying to figure out tire setting

Hello I just got my hp tuners today looking at my tune on my hot rod.
    I told them my tire size when they deleted vats and set it up for my car my tire size is 275/40/r17 and I took the gear ratio and tire size trans revolutions / mile. Sayes 2557.9686 mi-1 .

When I put the tire size in the tire calc it sayes 25.7
    And gear ratio is correct at 323.

I got the program because every since I got the car running I?ve always have a lean code on bank 1 and 2 and I have no air leaks

What does the gear/tire ratio editor in the edit tab say the settings are??

As for the lean code that could be a number of things. Low fuel pressure, bad tune for the mods on this engine or things in the tune don't have the right data if it isn't using all stock parts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I finally found that it is set to the correct tire and gear ratio size.
    But fuel injectors are 25326903 flex fuel injectors and sayes flows 33 lb @50 so the calc shows @58 its 35.54 flow rate
    But in the tune they have set at 36.5flow rate .
    Also it’s pretty much stock tune besides the info psi wanted when I ordered the pcm
    I have moved the intake tube and maf from the engine bay to fender to get cooler air so I’m thanking I have to tune the maf to allow for the air raid 4” tube.
    A little info it’s a 06 lq4 all stock besides headers long tube and the intake tube
    The tune is a 04 GMC Yukon XL 1500 luxury 6.0 v8 p59 ecm gen 3 v8, 4.3v6
    Operating system 12587603.

I have dbw and a 4l60e and a flex fuel sencer I stalled .
    I’ve had it smoke tested and no leaks and 58 lbs fuel pressure and I just got hp tuners and aem 30-4110 wide band to hook up .
    Problems I need to fix are
    Fix flex fuel
    Fix lean on both banks
    Transmission from shifting out of first when I have the shifter in first ....

I see in the list flex fuel is disabled not sure if that is all that needs done to fix?
    Thank you in advance for Any help

I want you to find a stock 2003-2007 Silverado/Suburban truck file with flex fuel injectors. You should copy the injector data from that tune into your tune so we know it's correct. You need to copy the injector flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset vs volts/map data.

If the MAF sensor is still the factory MAF with the plastic/metal housing, you shouldn't need to do much with that because the MAF itself is still the same size.

If the flex fuel sensor is installed, wired and plumbed into the fuel system you need to enable that sensor in the tune. Then make sure the Stoich table under the fuel tab has the correct flex fuel slope in it. It should start at 14.68 and go all the way down to something like 9.XX at 90-100% ethanol content.

Do those changes and post your tune file and any log files here.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you 5fdp for taking the time to help me.
    I had made a set of long tube headers for my coupe but last week when I had exzaust redone their was a leak where all 4 tubes go into the collector so I had to cut them off and plug the ports and fill with water to find the pin holes so as of 7 pm pacific time I finally got them fixed maybe tomorrow after work I can have time to install the headers and wide band sencer.

I’ve pulled my tune and compared it with the compare function with a 2004 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 flex fuel tune and the injector data was all off.

Another thing I read was on the flex fuel they have fuel pressure set to 50 lbs Not 58 lbs .
    Last edited by Gksportster; 01-19-2021 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Needed to add more info

Tuner in Training
    Ok finally got the wide band to log on go tuners now I need it to stop raining n snowing here to do a log with the wide band hooked up.