Thread: vu-vx holden

Potential Tuner

vu-vx holden

Hi guys, im trying fit a ls1 ecu from a ss ute to vx Calais, the Calais has traction control, the ecu wont link
    is the base files different to the ss
    Thanks,

There are subtle differences between VU A4 Calibration and VX Calais Calibration. The main difference is the fuel pump in the ute differs to Calais and is reflected in one of the torque management settings. If you are dropping a VU ECU into the Calais, I Would recommend writing the Calais OS/Cal to overwrite the Ute OS/calibration and then re-link VATS if that is what you mean by ECU link won't work.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    There are subtle differences between VU A4 Calibration and VX Calais Calibration. The main difference is the fuel pump in the ute differs to Calais and is reflected in one of the torque management settings. If you are dropping a VU ECU into the Calais, I Would recommend writing the Calais OS/Cal to overwrite the Ute OS/calibration and then re-link VATS if that is what you mean by ECU link won't work.

Hi,Thanks for your reply, we fitted a engine/gearbox from a vu ss ute, it was tuned.
    I assume it had a mid level bcm, the Calais has traction control so we sourced a another engine harness, I think the Calais has a high series bcm, so therefore wont link.
    or we have another issue.
    I can flash the ecu to the Calais file from gm, but I want to extract the tune first and I do not have hp tuners.
    do you think this is my issue?

Ah righto, so you're looking to retain the customised tune to suit the VU driveline now in a VX Calais. I guess the only comment I'd make on that is the variable of fuel pressure 'may' have some impact on the validity of that tune for the new home; it may be pretty much the same as it was in the VU or it may be quite different depending the health of the near 20 year old fuel pumps. That, and what I said about the dual speed pump in most VUs if memory serves.

I must admit I don't have heaps of in depth knowledge as to prerequisites for successful VATS re-link between BCM and ECU. I don't think the BCM programming should matter too much as I had my BCM reprogrammed for higher (Calais) cluster in LS swapped VT series 1 running an 02 VU OS coincidentally and then swapped to VY Berlina OS for fuel density scalar definition and VATS was linked in both combos. And was running VCM Enhanced OS.

Merely speculation here, but I'm wondering if the VU ECU is Tuner locked by either other software COS like EFI or LS1edit or actual software Tuner lock that many softwares offer. Do you know anyone that could read the ECU with HPT or other similar software?

Potential Tuner
    I have turned vats off still no injection pules, tis2web wont let me flash the Calais files to the ute ecu.....

What means did you use to disable VATS?

Edit: VATS in P01 doesn't typically disallow injector pulse - it just cuts it after two seconds when VATS activated.
    Last edited by SSUte01; 01-22-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    What means did you use to disable VATS?

Edit: VATS in P01 doesn't typically disallow injector pulse - it just cuts it after two seconds when VATS activated.
    Hp tuners, I believe I have other issues