Thread: 3.5 ecoboost speakers pop and radio and cluster turn off while reading

3.5 ecoboost speakers pop and radio and cluster turn off while reading

Today I started to read a 2014 ford 3.5 ecoboost. When it started reading the speakers popped loud once and the radio and cluster turned off. I aborted the read and cycled the key and everything on the truck now works. Now I'm afraid to start reading again because it acted like something was shorted out. Should I go ahead and read it? Is this normal while reading one of these trucks?

Advanced Tuner
    The cluster and most electronics shutting off while reading is normal, it's to reduce power usage and canbus network traffic.
    Speakers popping is probably just due to the radio/amp powering off.

When I flash a new calibration, I don't even turn my mustang on, I just plug into the obd port and go.

Thanks for the reply. I?ll try tomorrow without turning it on.

Advanced Tuner
    Normal

As others have said, it's totally normal. Scared the crap out of me the first time too lol.

Err. Craziest thing. I?m not sure if something happened. But when I had replaced my pcm in my 2016 mustang that I built, I had my keys I purchased for it and of course no issues, however the pcm had issues and FORScan could not write some blocks causing issues, so I got a new PCM from Ford and after they married it to the car, I could leave ignition off and reinstall my program and it never asked for a key to purchase since it was a new pcm I assumed I?d had to.. but no. It was only after I actually turned the ignition on it would read and require I buy a key. But key off... write without. I of course purchased 2 new keys because I did not want to risk HP bricking my module as that would be catastrophic for me lol. But has anyone else had this issue or perhaps the dealership didn?t program something correctly so the dongle didn?t read it correctly?