Thread: MAF/VVE tuning on ethanol blend vs e10 93.

Tuner

MAF/VVE tuning on ethanol blend vs e10 93.

Finally ready to start figuring out the engine side after getting the trans dialed in but I've got a fresh tank of e70.

Title says it all! Should I be tuning on e10 and letting the stoich tables take over for e'xx'? Or is it okay to proceed?

Is your stoich table populated with E0 to E100 values or is the whole table just 14.1??

Do you have a flex fuel sensor wired in and working so it can read the ethanol percent?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yes, I populated that table with the correct values when I installed an alcohol sensor.

Tuner
    Anyone? Long drive tomorrow and it would be nice to know what common/best practice is.

If the table is populated then that's all you need to do. The computer is going to pick the correct stoich ratio based on the alcohol content that the sensor sees in the fuel.

If you use Lambda it will always aim for 1.00 no matter the stoich value.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If the table is populated then that's all you need to do. The computer is going to pick the correct stoich ratio based on the alcohol content that the sensor sees in the fuel.

If you use Lambda it will always aim for 1.00 no matter the stoich value.
    So, to clarify, because it seems we are missing each others points, MAF & VVE tuning can be done on any alcohol composition? And subsequently, would still be accurate on e10-e"whatever"?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas287 View Post
    So, to clarify, because it seems we are missing each others points, MAF & VVE tuning can be done on any alcohol composition? And subsequently, would still be accurate on e10-e"whatever"?
    He wasn't missing your point, and answered you correctly, yes if you have the stoich table set up correctly, you can tune it with whatever is in the tank, the fuel trims should be the same at E10 and E85.