Thread: 2013 LC9 5.3L Injector issues

Potential Tuner

Question 2013 LC9 5.3L Injector issues

I've got a 2013 Silverado LS 5.3L paired with the factory 6L80e transmission, ive had the motor firing and actually had it running sitting on an engine hoist, but it was just off ether through the throttle body. I'm getting no injector pulse on any of my injectors.

I've already gone through and disabled both VATS and the starter check, is there anything else I would need to alter to get it to shoot fuel for me?

I dont have the set up in the vehicle yet so I dont have any lines ran or anything, no fuel pressure on the rails, no cooler lines ran. None of that. I wanted to make sure I could have the motor running prior to bolting it into the jeep, now i apologize if this is a stupid question but will not having fp cause the injectors to not fire? I've checked my grounds, all injectors have 12v+, all my coils fire(like I said i had it running with ether) I believe everything is squared away but I want to ask before I go and bolt everything down and start getting lines made for it all. I couldn't find a definitive answer because every post about no injectors state that there is fp, ive got test lights hooked up to the injector plug-ins so I know they aren't firing, nor do they click while cranking so there's absolutely no firing on the injectors, and for peace of mind I wanna ask if no fp will kill pulse.

Can you post the tune and logs?

Did you do a write entire when you deleted the VATS? Just doing a write calibration only will not disable the VATS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I wrote entire when I did it, I only have the one log right now and when I looked back at it, it said only coils 2 and 6 were firing but I know that wasnt the case, idk if maybe I just didnt crank long enough or what but all the coils do fire. The tune should be a completely stock aside from the VATS 1 and 2 and the Starter Faults check being disabled. What PIDs should I make sure get recorded if you need another log?

Crank No Start LS.hplVATS DISABLED STARTER FAULT DISABLED 21-11-01 2013 Chevy Silverado LS YJ Swap.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Looks like the ECM was trying to fire the injectors, it's showing injector duty cycle. Check your ignition 12v at the injectors, ECM provides the ground. Also make sure you bleed the air out of the fuel rail.

Tuner in Training
    Also turn off FPCM in the fuel sys tab.

Potential Tuner
    I'll definitely get in there and disable it, but the issue was having what one person called the crank sensor unplugged, whatever it is behind the starter on the motor here, I thought the crank sensor was up front but I guess that just works the cam sensor, im a ford guy primarily so im not sure with LS set ups if im being honest, but the motor will fire up and run now, I had the 12v on the injectors constantly so I knew it was something on the ecm side. I got them working late last night/early this morning or I would've posted about it on here. Im cleaning up the wiring and creating a harness for the pedal to hook up to the ecm as well as the ignition wires, almost ready to drop her into the jeep!

If you dont care could you explain what the fpcm setting is? I'm completely new to tuning but with the help of Goat Rope Garage I was able to figure out all that I have.

FPCM = Fuel Pump Control Module

screenshot.20-01-2021 12.47.14.png

If you did not include it in your swap, you need to tell the tune file it's no longer present.

And speaking of deleting things, if you were led to believe you can turn an auto trans ECM file into a manual trans ECM file by just not installing a TCM and expecting that everything will function as it should, boy are you in for some fun.