Thread: How to log Spark Retard

Tuner in Training

How to log Spark Retard

I have a 09 hhr 2.2 and I want to add some timing but my histogram doesn't log spark retard. It shows it on the graph section but doesnt log any cells.

Is there parameters i need to set or something?

Thanks all.

Is the knock retard channel in the channels list on the left??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I thought i replied before now sorry about that. But It is now. But that didnt change the graph at all. I want to add some timing but I want to know when its too much. Or even if.

Something is missing in the graph if it won't populate. So either the channels you are logging aren't there for that graph or the graph has the wrong channel in it for logging.

Like if the timing table in the editor is engine rpm and cylinder airmass, both of those need to be what the graph has for it to log it.

I can't see what you have but that's the most I can offer without you contacting support if you think there is a problem.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Okay i see what your saying. On the timing tables in the editor its cylinder airmass by rpm and in the scanner its map by rpm.

When i go into parameters, the parameter for spark retard is spark retard, axis is rpm, and row is map sensor.

Map sensor should be changed to cylinder airmass for it to log spark retard?

Tuner in Training
    I think I got it now. I did what i posted before, and that didn't do it. I had the wrong values so it wasn't showing anything. It'd show like 2 or 3 cells sided to side at the very top. Its good now though. Thank you for your help.

Tuner
    Calebs0615 this is what your histo must look like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete