Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bricked ECM

Tuner
    Looks like with the Warp tuning I would need to get an RaceMe Utra and the Warp tuning dongle? Can EFI Live write bin files stock and custom?

Thanks for your advice
    2008 Dodge Cummins 6.7 - 2nd Gen Swap S467.7/83/1.0, No Grid Heater, Banks Intake, BD Flowmax LP, G56 w/SB Clutch.

Banned
    Warp tuning you can go with the bit cheaper MM3 but yes would need a dongle for tuning, if you want/have the need for custom bins and user defined parameters, be prepared to pay more. EFILive can write stock bin files and custom bin files.

Tuner
    Right now I don't seem to have much choice. If I wanted to go the EFI Live route, I will need to wait until it is available in the V3. That leaves me with Warp, which looks like I might have better support long term based on their location. Now I just need to convince my CFO (the Mrs ) that I need to spend the money.
    2008 Dodge Cummins 6.7 - 2nd Gen Swap S467.7/83/1.0, No Grid Heater, Banks Intake, BD Flowmax LP, G56 w/SB Clutch.

Banned
    You can just get the FlashScan v2, you don?t need the v3

Tuner
    I am having trouble finding a FlashScan v2 anywhere. Not even on eBay.

Banned
    There?s 2 on there right now, one used and a post for a new one

Banned
    The new says for the 5.9 but it?s also good for the 6.7. Same eBay store I got mine from.

Tuner
    Will I need to buy a different license for the 6.7 or will the 5.9 license work?

Thanks again

Banned
    It doesn?t go by engine, it goes by make. One for a dodge works for all dodge Cummins 2006 and up.

Banned
    The one I bought came licensed for GM and Dodge. The there?s the FlashScan HD for the heavy duty cummins. The v3 combines the v2 with the HD and looks fancier. If you get that v2 and decide you want to tune a GM with it then you?ll have to pay for a GM license on it.

Tuner
    Well, I am now a proud owner of a EFI Live FlashScan v2. I guess I will have to wait until it shows up to read my stock PCM before making changes. I should be able to convert most of my tuning from VCM Editor to EFI Live. Downloading the software now.

Tuner
    This is my luck...lol:
    tunertools
    Hi,

The V2 units are actually no longer available, but there are V3 units we can have sent if that is acceptable.

This will not be shipped out until Monday morning however, as our shipments have already left and office closed for the weekend.

Please let us know if the V3 unit is acceptable.

Banned
    Lol well shit. Guess could go with the used one and buy a dodge license for it

Tuner
    What do you think the probability is of something going bad if I tried to flash my old tune on my new PCM?...asking for a friend

Banned
    Haha, oh man, treading dangerous waters there haha

Tuner
    I have my old H&S still. I can at least get my truck running so I can move it and buy me a little time until I can get something else. I also waiting to hear back from EFI Live sales on when the v3 will support my truck. The eBay guy hasn't gotten back to me yet either and no response from support yet on my user defined parameters. I have waited this long, what's another week or two? Thankfully I don't have a need to tow anything soon.

Banned
    I for one will not even consider flashing my truck with hp tuners again. If someone wants a tune for hp tuners, it comes with word of caution but I won?t use it on my truck for applying tunes. Their VCM Scanner is better in a lot of ways for the 68RFE compared to others, that?s as far as I would go.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    I for one will not even consider flashing my truck with hp tuners again. If someone wants a tune for hp tuners, it comes with word of caution but I won?t use it on my truck for applying tunes. Their VCM Scanner is better in a lot of ways for the 68RFE compared to others, that?s as far as I would go.
    I am in 100% agreement there. I guess I learned the hard way. This ordeal has cost me lots of time and money. It just seems really odd that everything was fine until I went to the latest release of the VCM suite and now some of my user defined parameters are blocked. I am not going back to HP Tuners for diesel. I may stick with it for my Challenger, but I need to do some research to make sure I don't have issues there too.

Advanced Tuner
    With feedback like this, you would surely expect an HP Tuners rep to come in here and maybe give some explanation as to what may have happened, and how they plan to fix the issue, no?

Banned
    No clue. According to the debug file I sent them, or so they it shows, the write to my ECM was successfully completed. Yet I needed to buy an ECM to get my truck running.