Thread: Boost pressure limit

Tuner in Training

Boost pressure limit

Is everyone still running there boost limiters for fueling I had my truck tuned and it was left stock and the truck falls on its face after 3200rpm anyone have any insight?

Banned
    Without seeing what you are doing in your tune and a datalog it can be anyone?s guess as to what?s going on. Make sure in the datalog you are including PIDs that tell you the correction reason for timing and fueling, these help narrow things down.

Tuner in Training
    I'm referring to the boost limit A table under main injection limits it was never changed

so basically my total fuel rate is being defueled due to this table from what I'm understanding do people normally just turn it off or adjust the table accordingly

Banned
    I guess my point is since you are falling flat right at redline, which has tons of limiters, what is telling you that you are hitting the boost limit as for falling flat?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    I guess my point is since you are falling flat right at redline, which has tons of limiters, what is telling you that you are hitting the boost limit as for falling flat?

its not physically falling flat no the rps are still climbing but it feels that the truck is stock past 3k im running stock boost @26psi with a AFE Bladerunner turbo it does great up to that point,
    so i guess when the shop did the tunes he missed some of the limiters past 3k? if so what are some things that i need to change? that are not going to hurt my stock motor

i attached the main soi timing,inj pulse, and boost limit a main inj pulsewidth race tune.PNGboost limit pressure a race tune.PNGmain soi timing race tune.PNG3k up.hpl

i also attached a log file to show what im talking about it you go to timestamp 06:51:48 that was 2nt to 3rd locked up, and at timestamp 06:52:38 that is a 3rd gear pull locked up
    im running a stage 3 FMVB trans with lockup switch
    Last edited by Justin77; 01-20-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Banned
    What rpm are you trying to run up to?

Yes the tune is pulling fuel back through that table, you can raise fuel limits in that table or you can bypass the table with the override that's enabled by changing the 0mm3 below the switch to a value above your max commanded fuel quantity. If you log correction reasons it will tell you when you hit a limiter and what the limiter is. As for anything else that could be restricting fueling above 3200rpm, couldn't tell you cause I can't see.

Tuner in Training
    The truck per the tune is unlocked till 4k obviously I wouldn't need it and rarely get that high max I have gone is what you see there my plan is to make this into a drag truck eventually so I'm trying to learn everything I can now

What would be safer just bumping the values up or just disabling the table all together

Banned
    Just raise areas up till you like it, but again, there are other limiters that could be there.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Just raise areas up till you like it, but again, there are other limiters that could be there.
    Okay thanks for the help seriously , Is there any layouts that you can download for logging or do I just have to manually add them one by one