Thread: VIN change

VIN change

Can one do a Vin number change on a GPEC2A ECM and ZFHP2 TCM? Have an unlocked ECM for a supercharger that I am selling and would like to be able to send the ECM along with the supercharger if the VIN change is possible.

Potential Tuner
    Likely wont work because of the SGW. VON can be changed but the BCM will be looking for a security ID in the PCM to validate. WiTech cannot even override this with a "replaced PCM" process.

Took one of my PCMs from my 2019 Ram and tried to use it in another guys 2019 Ram we put a 6.4L in and ran into this exact situation. The solution was to send his out for an unlock. With access to WiTech and CDA we couldn't get past the gateway.

My PCM is already unlocked and I can get into it for tuning but I guess I should of asked. Since I do not see anything that would suggest the ability to change a VIN, that it is not an available option? If so how does one go about it?

Potential Tuner
    Contact Rick Tapp from Tapped Performance or AJ from Hemi Tuner . They both can get you sorted

https://tapped-performance.myshopify.com/
    https://www.hemitunerperformance.com/

Tuner in Training
    Not worth it for what you want to do... You'll never get past SKIM... Is it doable, yes, but not worth the effort in this case... Just have him get his stuff unlocked...I have had '15 electronics from a roll over put in my '13 with the original vin #. It's involved stuff and only worth it for the right build.

Well thats unfortunate. Thanks for the replies though.

Tuner in Training
    So all you are looking for is being able to change the VIN in your ECM? That isn't a problem and can be done. SKIM can be disabled too. Send me a PM and I can help you out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    So all you are looking for is being able to change the VIN in your ECM? That isn't a problem and can be done. SKIM can be disabled too. Send me a PM and I can help you out.
    I?m looking for this for a gpec2a ecu .. how can this be accomplished??