Thread: 05 GTO E40 LS2 swap in 70 Lemans Stock Tune Questions

Potential Tuner

05 GTO E40 LS2 swap in 70 Lemans Stock Tune Questions

Hi, First Post. I am in NE Italy and have a 2005 GTO LS2 and 4l65e swapped into a 70 Lemans Sport. The guy who wrecked the GTO donor gave me the HP stuff with the car and I am learning. Motor has Callie stroker, AFR heads, cam, Ford green 42 injectors etc. Tranny had just been done to level 4 by Finish line. The PO did some tuning on the car.

I copied the tune and deleted VATS and updated gears etc. Deleted rear sensors, have PSI harness. Car starts and runs pretty good but is very rich. I am sure he did fuel adjustments. I wanted to take it back to a stock tune and go from there so I tried a couple of different stock tunes from the repository and the tune that is a demo in HP for E40 05 GTO and did the compare overwrite on the tune but car is very hard to start and will only run if revved up and is a little rough. Back to previous tune and fires right up.

Short of going through all the settings one by one does anybody have an idea what might be the issue? I did the delete VATS.

I noticed when I do the compare overwrite the screen does clear like the HP Tuners video shows, the DTC menu still shows.

Senior Tuner
    Yea the green ford 42 lb injectors with a stock tune.

Potential Tuner
    Enlighten me then. I am new on this. I just wanted to get back to fresh start and go from there. I don't expect the car with those mods to be OK with the stock tune but thought it would at least be driveable.

crustysarge - I believe what he saying is the injectors are causing the problem. If you went back to the stock tune, did you save the original tune? If so, you will need to take the injector data and plug it in to the stock tune or find the data online? Or, you can find some LS2 injectors and swap them out and use the stock settings?

Just a side note, I do have some LS2 injectors from a 2005 GTO. I had them cleaned and flow tested by a guy in Kentucky (Eric Derr). I assume you have an APO. I could send them to you? $100 if APO. Message me if you are interested

A stock tune is not going to run with a cam, different injectors, etc. Did you use the GTO intake tube, filter and MAF? If not, where did to put the maf? How about a copy of the tune and a copy of a scan log so we can see what you are dealing with.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8