Thread: problems at idle MAP only turbo silverado

Potential Tuner

problems at idle MAP only turbo silverado

Customer has 02 silverado 5.3 with a turbo. Brought it in with no MAF sensor and is tuned to run off only MAP can anyone take a look at this scan file and give me a few suggestions?white turbo silverado swapped coil packs.hpl
    Colton Carr

Colton, First, I am not a professional tuner or even close to it, so use my input at your own risk. Here are the things I see in the log file:

1. Misfires - ? There seems to be many so not sure if this is a mechanical issue or something in the tune?
    2. Timing - there seems to be a lot of it in the low end with it not getting above 23K for a turbo engine (or really any engine)
    3. LTFT - seems a little rich which leads me to question the tune settings for MAF delete
    4. What you are logging in your scanner for the VCM? Not sure what the end goal is, or concern with the tune is, but plugging those into the VCM would help other smarter than me help you?
    5. Its going to get asked? Do you use a wideband? - I guess this goes to question 4?

Good luck -

We need full details.

What MAP sensor is installed?

What injectors are installed?

The tune needs work and it seems that there may be the wrong settings in the tune for the MAP he is running.

Post the tune file here as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok i will send you the next tune file with the updated parameters btw its a 2 bar map sensor ac delco
    Colton Carr

Potential Tuner
    yes im using a wideband but not in this file i will send you an updated file in the morning
    Colton Carr