Thread: Anyone Render Video From a Blackvue Dash Cam?

Potential Tuner

Anyone Render Video From a Blackvue Dash Cam?

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to render video from a Blackvue Dashcam? It records in 3 minute increments, and I want to make a session video.

I also recorded the session with the Track Addict software, but I only have driver video.

Advanced Tuner
    You do this two ways:

1. You could import each individual file into RaceRender (just keep clicking the Add button under Input Files in the top right), then select each video, and click the Join button to combine them into a single long video. See brief documentation here.

2. You could load each video into your favorite video editing software (perhaps Davinci Resolve or maybe OpenShot or [less likely but possibly] some command line FFmpeg) and create a single video of each of the files from your dashcam. You could then take that single video an import it into RaceRender just like the one from Track Addict.

Since you're just combining them without trying to speed up, slow down, or pause the video, I think the first option would be easiest. RaceRender is smart enough to recognize multi-file videos from GoPro and maybe a few other standard action cameras, but I doubt it would recognize the filename format from Blackvue.

Potential Tuner
    I have tried both ways. The problem is that I seem to lose the GPS data, so lap times, and other things do not show up. I have spent the last week trying to render my track do with little luck. I have even been having trouble rendering the Go Pro video so I don't know what is going on. I did use Track Addict for the session as well, but I can't see to get all of the data to line up.

Potential Tuner
    You can pull the data with another program than Export that into RR with your video.

I am trying to find out a way to do it with the DV988 BlueSkySea.