Thread: FIC +30% LT4 injector tuning

Tuner in Training

FIC +30% LT4 injector tuning

I just bought a set of these and looking for some help with setting up the necessary tables to be able to start up and drive. It's a 18 ZL1 M6 w/ 38% fuel lobe cam, ported heads, Cordes aux fuel system 2" headers, ported stock blower, 2.3 upper and 9.1 lower pulley. Any help is appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sickss228 View Post
    I just bought a set of these and looking for some help with setting up the necessary tables to be able to start up and drive. It's a 18 ZL1 M6 w/ 38% fuel lobe cam, ported heads, Cordes aux fuel system 2" headers, ported stock blower, 2.3 upper and 9.1 lower pulley. Any help is appreciated
    I thought they came with the basic injector data?
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    I thought they came with the basic injector data?
    I'm not sure what they come with. The guy I bought them from just said they usually come with injector data, I was assuming flow rates etc... I was wanting to see what tables had to be modified so I will be able to drive it down to my tuner. I remember reading somewhere it was only a couple tables that needed changing, I searched on here with no luck though so it was probably a different forum. Any help is appreciated!

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure what they come with. The guy I bought them from just said they usually come with injector data, I was assuming flow rates etc... I was wanting to see what tables had to be modified so I will be able to drive it down to my tuner. I remember reading somewhere it was only a couple tables that needed changing, I searched on here with no luck though so it was probably a different forum. Any help is appreciated!
    Injector flow data and parameters must be know and input when the new injectors are installed. It can't be inferred or "tuned in." The manufacturer is the only source for this data.

https://cartrainingonline.com/courses/gm/

Check out Greg Banish's GM Gen 5 Tuning Training. Covered in detail there. A bit of an investment, but well worth the price for the information provided.

Tuner in Training
    https://www.lingenfelter.com/Calibra...730126927.html

This is data specific to Lingenfelter DI injectors, not FIC injectors, but it gives you an idea of which tables get modified. I suppose "a couple" is subjective to who is interpreting it...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    https://www.lingenfelter.com/Calibra...730126927.html

This is data specific to Lingenfelter DI injectors, not FIC injectors, but it gives you an idea of which tables get modified. I suppose "a couple" is subjective to who is interpreting it...

Great thanks alot! I wasnt sure if they came with all that data, that makes me feel better if they actually tell you what tables to change. I am new at this and dont want to mess anything up. I am going to look at that genV tuning link. I just bought his book on tuning also.

@pisces_0 thanks for the plug. DI injector swaps are just not as straight forward as PFI injector changes right now. Most resellers don't even understand how a DI injector is characterized in the calibration, let alone have the equipment to generate that data at the correct working pressure.

I have seen the best results with switching to a known solution (like the factory LT4 injector going into an LT1) where the spray targeting at least remains constant. If that isn't enough extra fuel (ASSuming the HPFP can keep up), an auxiliary PFI system certainly has its merits. Replacement DI injectors are EXPENSIVE, and are not guaranteed to drive nice (or pass emissions if that's your thing), where a properly applied add-on system keeps the "normal" driving consistent and has some fringe benefits like intake valve/port cleaning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    @pisces_0 thanks for the plug. DI injector swaps are just not as straight forward as PFI injector changes right now. Most resellers don't even understand how a DI injector is characterized in the calibration, let alone have the equipment to generate that data at the correct working pressure.

I have seen the best results with switching to a known solution (like the factory LT4 injector going into an LT1) where the spray targeting at least remains constant. If that isn't enough extra fuel (ASSuming the HPFP can keep up), an auxiliary PFI system certainly has its merits. Replacement DI injectors are EXPENSIVE, and are not guaranteed to drive nice (or pass emissions if that's your thing), where a properly applied add-on system keeps the "normal" driving consistent and has some fringe benefits like intake valve/port cleaning.

Thanks for the reply Greg, I have been reading your books and watching your vids trying to learn as much as I can. I got a great deal on the injectors so I jumped on it. I was under the impression that the FIC injectors use the stock tips to retain the stock spray pattern and drivability? I was looking at some of the PFI setups out there but they are alot more money than the injectors and there are not many reviews on them out there. Thanks again for the help!

Tuner
    Did you try reaching out to FIC for this data?
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

I was under the impression that the FIC injectors use the stock tips to retain the stock spray pattern and drivability?
    Just catching up on some older conversations here...

NO, just because one keeps the stock tip, does NOT mean that the in-cylinder fuel distribution is the same. By defninition, if they increase the flow rate of the injector, more fuel is going somewhere. They just can't tell you where because they don't have the same tools as the OEM to characterize both the dynamic flow and the targeting/penetration into the combustion chamber. Sorry, not enough...

If still needed any data I have it. They work excellent been on my car 2 years now. Car drives great with big cam and tons of work done.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    If still needed any data I have it. They work excellent been on my car 2 years now. Car drives great with big cam and tons of work done.
    I'd love a copy

pm or email me and can get it over to you
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150