Thread: VE Table Questions -

VE Table Questions -

I am working on getting my VE table to a target of 12.5 / 12.8 AFR. Right now, the issue I am having is each time I take away fuel, the values seem to go inverse? I went from 82 in the 80/90Kpa area which initially was about 11:9 AFR to about 11/10:90 at 70 fuel in the same KPA's. I am doing these pulls while driving and trying to hold all variables constant (Shift, Throttle percentage, etc).

One item I see is knock keeps pulling timing in these areas? I triple checked, and there is no mechanical issues inducing knock and knock sensors are brand new? I know rich conditions could cause knock, however this is what I am attempting to correct? I did pull about 4 degrees in these knock areas once, but it did it again in the same area?

Attached is my tune and a pull data, any insight would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have a pending knock sensor code at all?

Your knock retard is maxing out at 4 degrees because you set it that way.

And you can't tune the VE table if the MAF is still working, you are fighting a losing game if you do that. The MAF must be disabled to tune the VE table. That's probably why your VE table is goofy looking.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you - makes sense and was wondering why for the MAF, makes complete sense once you say it.

As for the 4 degrees: Yes, had a pending code, cleared the DTC. As for setting it 4 degrees? is there other suggestions/recommendations?

A pending knock code is usually why the knock retard will spike up and just stay there.

Most stock calibrations have the maximum knock at like 8 or 10 degrees. It lets you really see how much knock there is.

If you still have a knock code issue you can just turn off the DTC's as a test. The sensors should still function and it'll let you see if it's still showing knock.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you - Yes, I was looking at my knock is 8 to 10 degrees. and yes, I get a pending in the DTC's and knock in certain areas during aggressive driving. I think I am going to get the AFR as close as possible with the MAF off. Once I have it off, we have a station which sells 100 octane. I think I will fill up on that and watch the knock to see if it still appears. If it does, I will turn off the DTC's and lower the 8 to 10 down to 2 to 4.

Again thanks -

I wouldn't change the maximum allowed knock in PE because what if it really is greater than 2-4 degrees. Now it can't pull timing away to protect the engine. Leave it at a high number so it can pull timing if the knock is that high.

Your main issue is the pending code causing the knock to spike. Turning off the DTC's to test it is the best option to see if there is real knock.

OK - I will