Thread: New computer not working with MPVI-Pro

Tuner in Training

New computer not working with MPVI-Pro

Since the purchase of my new tuning computer (Tuning School HP) in mid-December, I have not been able to read or scan my 06 Corvette's VCM. I initially received a message "invalid application key". Tech Support suggested I load the Beta software with new drivers, which I did, and then received message "unlicensed interface". On the 14th, at the request of Tech Support, I provided my VCM Infolog, License.dat and Debug.dat files and I'm currently awaiting their response. I have been using the HP Tuners>Contact Portal to contact Tech Support, receiving a new Ticket # with each Tech Support contact. I have not had any luck contacting Tech Support through <[email protected]>. The only way I have been able to receive a response from Tech Support is through the HP Tuners>Contact Portal. Is this the preferred way of contacting Tech Support? How long should I wait for a response before initiating another request for help?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    invalid app key & unlicensed interface error usually means one of two things either a. you are using an invalid app key or b. there is an issue with the usb end of the device ie could be the usb cable, usb port on your pc or usb port on the MPVI device itself. If you post the ticket number I can take a look at the ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill, thanks for your response. My initial Ticket # 254750, is followed by other associated ticket #'s: 255658, 256298, and 256679. My last and only Tech Support responses have been from Julio (UK) Tech Support Engineer.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    appears Julio has replied to all of your tickets, if you are still in need of assistance I would recommend communicating this via the ticket 254750

With that said I've reached out to Julio and let him know you have inquired further about this ticket in the meantime.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 01-22-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill, thanks again for your help. I responded to Julio's last request for info on January 14th, providing my VCM Infolog, License.dat and Debug.dat files (Ticket#256298). I check my spam, promotions and of course my email several times a day and have not received anything from HP Tech Support with one exception. On Friday, January 15th I did receive an email from: HP Tuners Support <[email protected]> addressed to me at [email protected] but there was nothing in the body of the email. The time of receipt was 1:25 PM. But again, there was nothing in the email.

Tuner in Training
    Bill, I just received another email from HP Tuners Support, 3:08 PM, with nothing in the email. It appears as if these email messages are auto generated, but again, nothing in the body of the emails.

Tuner in Training
    Tired of trying to get my MPVI Pro up and working with the new Tuning School computer, I upgraded to the MPVI2 Pro and I am now able to read the ECM. As Bill mentioned, I believe the problem with the MPVI was probably the application key or cables but I was getting nowhere trying to get problems resolved so I just upgraded to the MPVI2.