Thread: False knock issue

Advanced Tuner

False knock issue

Tuning a 2007 TBSS with a turbocharged 6.2 liter LSX376/525 crate motor. Cam has been changed to a turbo specific cam. Yank all the timing out of it, .78 Lambda... whenever it crosses 150'ish KPA, knock is detected. Noticed that the boost is creeping badly BUT when it crept to 15psi, the knock was actually going away.

So Ive been trying to desensitize the knock sensors. I read an old post about multiplying the base attack table by .5 and the decay rate by 2. This post was written about an older version of HPT. Im running 4.8.7 AND I tried the latest beta BUT I cannot find these tables. Can someone direct me to where these tables are located in 4.8.7?

Thanks in advance!
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    Can anyone help with this one? I just need to know what the tables were renamed to.

Thanks.
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Advanced Tuner
    Oh... And I put a ticket in with HPTuners (actually 2 tickets... One had a slight typo).

So, 6 days and no response, SAD! It didn't used to be this way, but lately I see many posts go unanswered or just die after a few pages with never reaching an answer.

Attachment 106941You should find your info here.

However, I see the line "attack rate" in both the "Knock Retard Amount" and again in Recovery, this is the one that is most helpfull, it recovers quickly like a burst knock spike.
    I can't find what's causing mine so I made a few adjustments on this page and even when it does (it was never consistent, always different rpm and amounts) it is split second stuff and never more than a little north of 1 degree.

Hope this helps, as for the percentages, I was told to "Max my Recovery rate, I think I set it all at 5 maybe, all my tuning stuff is in my truck, but a few more searches about "recovery rate" and such, you may find the answer as this version looks just like my previous vs. 4, I haven't read the "read me update info" as of yet.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS