Thread: MAF tuning issue

Potential Tuner

MAF tuning issue

NOOB here, ive been having this issue the last several days where i will get the MAF close in the afternoon then the next morning the truck will lean way out any help appreciated. I was tuning in open loop with WB but after the 2nd morning of getting lean I turned the STFT back on to help. My computer was dead this morning so i didnt get the log, after warm up and 5-6mi of 65mph down the highway it slowly worked from Lambda 0.98-1.05 up to 1.18-1.2+

The files named lambda are yesterday morning without STFT the other files are my last run last/tune last night

05 2500HD 6.0 shorty headers and cold air pipe to stock airbox and electric fans
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by durk_2007; 01-22-2021 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Add info

How are your graphs set up for determining your Eq error? I don't see actual lambda reading (only voltage) on your channels.

I see you are logging wideband through the EGR, how confident are you that it is scaled correctly and there are no ground offsets? (and I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I've seen lots of info on it).

I don't think it will make a difference, but you might try dialing your MAF, then fail it and dial your VE...

Also I hear some people say to change your stoich value to match a stoich of E10 (unless your running ethanol free fuel).
    I don't think that has anything to due with your issue, it is usually a concern when guys dial everything with a wideband then switch back to o2's and theres a difference.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, the lambda is a user maths of the egr voltage and the eq error is wb afr-commanded afr/ commanded afr. The offset is 0.0-0.1v With the STFT on in got the MAF +/-6 I was pretty happy with that so I turned everything back on and when I got up to operating temp it went to 0.7 lambda I wondered if the E10 was a problem that's what I'm running