Thread: Andoid + GoPro Hero 8 = Can't Connect Track Addict to Camera

Potential Tuner

Andoid + GoPro Hero 8 = Can't Connect Track Addict to Camera

I have tried everything my last 2 track sessions. I cannot get the program to connect to my go pro hero 8 and I will not even talk about trying to get the data to sync with race render. Has anyone had any luck with getting the camera to connect? Also, this used to work with my Hero 7, but I lost that camera.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PBnJ392 View Post
    I have tried everything my last 2 track sessions. I cannot get the program to connect to my go pro hero 8 and I will not even talk about trying to get the data to sync with race render. Has anyone had any luck with getting the camera to connect? Also, this used to work with my Hero 7, but I lost that camera.
    Later versions of GoPro above 6 have connection issues. You have to manually start and stop the camera (voice commands work if the car is not too loud and you remember to do so. Then use racerender to sync the data at a later time. Not the best solution. Seems that you are going backwards 5 yrs in the feature but that is the best they can do with newer GP models. GP uses a combo of BT and WiFi on the newer cameras making the connections unstable in TrackAddict. Hope this helps. Harry's Laptimer is the same way.