Thread: NA 07 Z06 Hitting 512 g/s MAF limit

NA 07 Z06 Hitting 512 g/s MAF limit

What's the best approach to fixing this issue? I know I can scale IFR and every airflow and airmass table, but that sounds like a pain in the rear and seems kind of rigged. Is there is custom operating system or newer ECM I could use? I read that the older custom operating system has a higher limit, but are there custom operating systems for version 3.4?

I thought 08 and newer had higher limits, but my buddy's 08 tune is the same as mine. Maybe that only applies to injector flow rate. It looks like 2010 has higher MAF limits. Can I switch to a 2010 ECM or are there issues associated with that?
    Last edited by rio95; 04-11-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rio95 View Post
    What's the best approach to fixing this issue? I know I can scale IFR and every airflow and airmass table, but that sounds like a pain in the rear and seems kind of rigged. Is there is custom operating system or newer ECM I could use? I read that the older custom operating system has a higher limit, but are there custom operating systems for version 3.4?

I thought 08 and newer had higher limits, but my buddy's 08 tune is the same as mine. Maybe that only applies to injector flow rate. It looks like 2010 has higher MAF limits. Can I switch to a 2010 ECM or are there issues associated with that?
    This is a limitation of the hardware if I remember correctly. I provided an OS patch for someone a while back but never heard back. There could be unpredictable results from overriding this limit.

I was told to switch to the 2 bar operating system, which has a limit of 1,024 g/s. That should work, right?

You can either do the custom OS or switch to later hardware. Switching to later hardware takes some specialty set up which is even more specific given that you have a 2007.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Unless there is some downside I'm not aware of, the 2 bar OS sounds like the best option for me. I'll give it a try.

wow this operating system upgrade is more of a pain that I thought. MAF high table axis is different and you can't edit it so I had to interpolate (lose resolution too...). Then I get to the VE tables and the axes are inverse from stock and it doesn't look like you change change what the axis is, just the numbers in the axes.

Also, the help section says you MUST put values in all three ve tables and the maf table before write entire, but a box popped up when I added the 2 bar modifaction and said if you make changes prior to write entire, you will brick the ECM. Very conflicting instructions. I think the help section is probably correct though.

I have a LS7 engine that I got out of a zo6 that I am having built and plan to put it in a 1968 Camaro for Drag week. I have a e-38 ECM out of a 2010 Camaro that I planned to use as a standalone so I would not have to scale the tune. After reading this post it has me wondering if the sensors from the zo6 will work with the newer 2010 ecm. So, my question is will they? Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by rio95 View Post
    wow this operating system upgrade is more of a pain that I thought. MAF high table axis is different and you can't edit it so I had to interpolate (lose resolution too...). Then I get to the VE tables and the axes are inverse from stock and it doesn't look like you change change what the axis is, just the numbers in the axes.

Also, the help section says you MUST put values in all three ve tables and the maf table before write entire, but a box popped up when I added the 2 bar modifaction and said if you make changes prior to write entire, you will brick the ECM. Very conflicting instructions. I think the help section is probably correct though.
    Copy/paste factory VVE table into Excel, copy/paste special invert to swap the row/column axis around then use that for a starting point. It won't be right but it will be enough to get it started.

Setup axis in VVE to match whatever you're using for the new VE table so that it's an easy 1:1 swap

Tuner in Training

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    This is a limitation of the hardware if I remember correctly. I provided an OS patch for someone a while back but never heard back. There could be unpredictable results from overriding this limit.
    any update or workaround? was on the dyno today and maxed it out with a 2007 Z06 ECS. there is no SD option.

Senior Tuner
    You can do it in virtual ve. Really the preferred way especially with forced induction.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs