Thread: 2018 Ram 1500

2018 Ram 1500

hey there! just wondering if i already have a unlocked PCM for my 2018 ram 1500 5.7 do i need to purchase a new one through you guys before i can run a HP tuner?

Tuner in Training
    No, your PCM is not unlocked. You must either buy an unlocked one or have HP Tuners modify yours to unlock it.

I do though.. bought a scrap yard one and have sent it to super chips to have it unlocked. When I say I have one I have one lol I am just wondering if I have both the original and the unlocked one can I just buy a HP tuner or do I gotta send a pcm to them now also?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you will need the smart key as well to access the pcm read and write
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    My bad, I misread haha

Tuner in Training
    I don't see why it wouldn't work with HP Tuners. I can't think of a reason why it would be incompatible. Purchase the MPVI2 and give it a try. Good luck!

Potential Tuner
    You may be able to scan as i was able to do a scan on mine and i have a 2018 GPEC2A (Ram 5.7) anyways i was able to gather some data but had a couple parameters glitch out,
    you will need a unlocked pcm forsure and the smart access cable, FYI unlocked PCM In the new vehicle will still leave a trace in the BCM, food for thought when dealing with warrenty if you have to

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwhite2018ram1500 View Post
    hey there! just wondering if i already have a unlocked PCM for my 2018 ram 1500 5.7 do i need to purchase a new one through you guys before i can run a HP tuner?

I have heard, but not personally experienced, due to a bootloader issue on the 2018+ FCA vehicles, the PCM needs to be unlocked according to software used to tune.

Ie, if you have a Diablo unlocked PCM, if you try to flash with HPT it will "brick" the PCM due to the bootloader difference. I have successfully swapped from Diablo to HPT and vice versa with no issues, but I cant recall ever attempting on a 2018+

Can you help

Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    I have heard, but not personally experienced, due to a bootloader issue on the 2018+ FCA vehicles, the PCM needs to be unlocked according to software used to tune.

Ie, if you have a Diablo unlocked PCM, if you try to flash with HPT it will "brick" the PCM due to the bootloader difference. I have successfully swapped from Diablo to HPT and vice versa with no issues, but I cant recall ever attempting on a 2018+
    I'm just getting started with HPtuners, I have a 2010 426 CI with a maggie, It has a Diablo tune in it now, will I be able to read and edit the current tune?

Thanks Walt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wadejesu View Post
    I'm just getting started with HPtuners, I have a 2010 426 CI with a maggie, It has a Diablo tune in it now, will I be able to read and edit the current tune?

Thanks Walt
    Should be fine. From my understanding the only issue is with 2018+