Thread: 2013 LC9 6l80E E38

Potential Tuner

2013 LC9 6l80E E38

I've been working on a gen 4 lc9 ls swap into my 93 jeep, and while all Is going smooth with the majority of it, I've got a bad feeling with my transmission. As the title suggests I am running a 6l80E with the motor, both are out of the same truck, and are the original for the truck. I first did a bench harness setup to read the ecm into my laptop, and at first I was just doing the vats delete, so I hadn't even thought about not having the tcm plugged up with the harness. I have since written to the e38 ecm with the complete harness hooked up to the motor/transmission/battery. From everything I've been able to find, and my truck not having a separate tcm, this meant the tcm was made into the trans or part of the ecm. I tried again to read the vehicle because I wanted to look into getting the manual shifting switch enabled for crawling through trails when it's all said and done, but nothing comes up for my transmission other than the two basic options of General and Manual(I'm not 100% sure this is the other option, I'll load the tune on my pc when I get back to it.) I downloaded a 2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 auto tune from the repository and it has the trans tune with it. I saw that and felt disheartened at the thought of not having the trans working when I get it in the yj. Im brand new to tuning and more of a ford guy myself so im not real familiar with how the ls stuff works but does this seem like there's an issue with the transmission? My initial thought was I overwrote what the tcm had with 0s since since was no data in the tune I wrote to it for a transmission.

Did you do a full read of the PCM/TCM after you hooked up the transmission to the harness.

When it says general and manual it likely means you haven't fully read the TCM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you do a full read of the PCM/TCM after you hooked up the transmission to the harness.

When it says general and manual it likely means you haven't fully read the TCM.
    Sorry, I swear I replied to you on my phone last night. I did do a full read with the TCM hooked up as well, but it wasn't until after I flashed the vats tune onto the ecm with everything connected. My biggest concern was the thought of accidentally writing blank data over top of the TCM when I flashed the ecm. I can go pull a file off of it again and post it if that would help, or I could upload the latest tune written to the ecm.