Thread: Regeared truck, now abs light, please help

Potential Tuner

Regeared truck, now abs light, please help

So i regeared my 4x4 04 silverado to 4.56 on 37s, i had my guy change the tire size and gear ratio in hptuners to get rid of the abs and brake light along with c0238 code, but didnt help, i read somewhere to change these values

My tires are 36.75in tall, and i have 4.56 gears so i tried to do the math the best i could and this is what i came up with, not sure if its correct but if someone can maybe fill the numbers out for me or at least tell me how to remove the abs code, ill honestly pay someone to help me, im that desperate lol

Abs light fix

VSS PULSES PER
    Mile=99,424.14
    Rev-trans=

VSS OUTPUT PULSES PER
    Mile=
    Mile-abs=

FINAL DRIVE RATIO
    Ratio=4.56
    Trans revolutions/mile=2,485.6

Have you tried the gear change wizard in the edit tab? (assuming the 04 has it)
    Take your stock tune, use the wizard, and it auto calculates everything.

I'm not expert here, but I have seen this suggested many times
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Here are a few screen shots from an 04 4x4 with a 6.0 and a 4l80
    Don't use these values, just a shot of what the wizard will do
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Try putting in the tire size of 35's. Putting in overly large tires in the calibration may be why it's setting the ABS light.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Those trucks do not have rear wheel speed sensors. They rely on the VSS Output Pulses ABS to calculate rear wheel speed. Once you go above about a 35, the PCM will not accurately calculate it. Set your scanner up to rear F/R wheel speeds. They will be different (This is why the light is on), and then alter the number in the VSS Output Pulses ABS until your F/R wheel speeds match. The light will go away.