Thread: Wierd PE commanding then not commanding same tune turbo silverado 5.3 e38

Tuner in Training

Wierd PE commanding then not commanding same tune turbo silverado 5.3 e38

I have attatched 2 log runs and the tune for those runs, both have the same tune for the logs. First run PE commands good and then I shut the vehicle off a couple of times then I take truck the next day to the store and it will not command PE. I posted earlier about it and it seems to be around the 3rd key cycle that it does this but maybe not exactly. It has happened to me around 5 times now. But as soon as I reload the tune all is good and PE commands again and I get about 3 cycles out of the key and then it does it again until I reload the tune. I'm sure I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Truck Specs

2012 Silverado e38 ecm
    7875 VS turbo 5.3 stock everything else current tune MAF only open loop
    zr1 map sensor
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LadBuck; 01-23-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    These 2 stick out to me in your tune. Why are you maxing the 2 tables? What happens when you put them back to stock?
    [ECM] 4040 - P0101, P0106, P0121 Perf Test - Min ECT:
    [ECM] 4041 - P0101, P0106, P0121 Perf Test - Max ECT:
    Also,
    Any reason you have not applied the OS patches? Mainly the [ECM] 121 - Manifold Vacuum Boost Patch: OS Patch to enable the Manifold Vacuum to read negative for boost. Used to make the Injector Flow Rate table read into boost.

Probably not related however,
    [ECM] 2464 - Power Enrichment Mode Timer: Make this zero. Right now, It is a 1 second timer before it will go into enrichment
    [ECM] 2400 - Power Enrichment Ramp In Rate: Make this 2.00. You want the truck to enrich as fast as possible.

Lastly just a thought, I've never had any luck with "MAF only" and always adjust the VVE or I go with the 2BAR OS and SD on turbo builds. Think of it this way: Why did you change the MAP sensor if you aren't going to adjust the air model (VVE) it is used for? Any reason you do not want to use the 2bar OS and use boost enrichment?

Found this in the stickies of the GEN4 Forum
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...682#post109682
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 01-23-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    The reason for the tables being maxed I was getting a cel for the p0121 and heard that was the fix but I had the PE problem before I changed those values though. And I just dont want to change the OS mainly just being scared to write entire lol and everything is great when I load the tune, PE commands right at 1-2psi and runs great. Then after a few drives or cycles of the keys it wont command PE at all.
    Reason for the map sensor was to be able to log boost and verify vs the gauge.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried setting all of your PE delays to zero as recommended in the link i posted?
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    Yes I will try that thank you

Advanced Tuner
    Also a thought, your p0121 issue may be your problem. You may have removed the test but, your ECU may not be getting the right voltage to put you in PE. Run the truck for your three keyed cycles or until it will not go into PE and check your trouble codes. What codes are currently stored? Also wondering if the will the truck go into PE if you hit the clear troublecode button (regardless if p0121 is set) without a reflash?
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    P0121 and P1101 both popped up, after I cleared the Code and it still would not engage PE, then later on the code came back so that's why I maxed the values out in the tables. That was about 3 weeks ago but i haven't had any codes since and PE still acts funny