Thread: Cannot read - Toyota 1VD-FTV

Tuner in Training

Cannot read - Toyota 1VD-FTV

I'm failing miserably to read my 1VD-FTV in my Toyota Landcruiser. I've downloaded the beta version, and when connected I cannot get info from the ECU.
    A prompt display comes up that requests the VIN, and even after entering this and selecting read the status bar scrolls very quickly and no tune file is displayed....

What am I doing wrong? Firmware is updated, I'm using the beta version and my MVPI2 is registered to me.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSTroll View Post
    I'm failing miserably to read my 1VD-FTV in my Toyota Landcruiser. I've downloaded the beta version, and when connected I cannot get info from the ECU.
    A prompt display comes up that requests the VIN, and even after entering this and selecting read the status bar scrolls very quickly and no tune file is displayed....

What am I doing wrong? Firmware is updated, I'm using the beta version and my MVPI2 is registered to me.

Are you connected to the internet while trying to connect to the vehicle ?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I am. I can connect the scanner and obtain real time parameters, but I can't obtain the virtual read.
    Is there a different way to open a virtual read?

Potential Tuner

Same Issue

Quote Originally Posted by LSTroll View Post

Going through the EXACT same issue with my car currently. Firmware updated, software updated using both stable and beta versions.
    MVPI2 Syncs fine, all the info is correct in my account, but I don't have credits as yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bapha View Post
    Going through the EXACT same issue with my car currently. Firmware updated, software updated using both stable and beta versions.
    MVPI2 Syncs fine, all the info is correct in my account, but I don't have credits as yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How is your internet connection ? It is a virtual read

Potential Tuner
    did you end up getting this to work ? im having the exact same issue

I Also have the same issue.

Asks for a VIN but wont proceed with a read. (2015 LC79)

I will try on a 2020 model today to see if its the same.