Thread: Fuel Enrichment Pedal

Tuner in Training

Fuel Enrichment Pedal

2.7L Ecoboost, Fusion Sport.

I'm looking at "Engine / Power Enrich / Fuel Enrichment Pedal". The description says "The pedal required to allow WOT fuel enrichment in relation to RPM". That's fine, and I understand how it works, BUT..... Is that pedal before, or after, translation from your "Engine / Torque Management / Driver Demand / Pedal Characteristics" tables? In other words, if it's 90%, is it triggering at 90% of full actual pedal, or is it using the output of the Pedal Translation table (and therefore could vary significantly from the actual pedal position)?

I wish this table was done by throttle position or something instead of pedal. That seems like it would make more sense, but there must be some reason why it's not like that.

There's a few things you can do with it, first off you can changed the rpm's at the right. I,ve done some with the tables set up starting at 1000 rpm's and going up to 6 grand, I,m at 60% at 3000rpm's, then I go down to 50% then 40% at the high end of the rpm range. I,ve seen people go down to 10% at the upper end, but I think that may be a bit much. I,m not sure there is a one size fits all with the table, it also will effect millage too.

Check that one out, this is what I,m running on right now. Should give you an idea of what I,ve done. This is a 93 only tune, though I haven't hit the timing much, but I still wouldn't burn 87 oct.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you @skylinedan ! I'll take a look. I appreciate the info and the tune file to poke around at!

No problem, just dont run it, I,ve got a TTR FMIC so my I/C is jacked way up liter wise, plus a few other things. Oh and I ment left side of the table, lol. What happens when you got a million things going on at once.

Tuner in Training
    You running bigger turbos too? I haven't had a chance to look at mine today yet but I was looking at yours last night and it looked like your airflow was up a bit from stock. Wasn't sure how much the MKZ ones ran but the numbers looked higher than I remembered seeing on mine stock. Yeah I definitely won't straight up run it but it's a good learning tool which is exactly what I wanted!

I have them listed, but there not on the car yet. Waiting on a good deal for a set of down pipes. So these are with stock 2.7 chargers. The higher airflow rates could be a result of the I/C, and tuning. I tend to push mine a bit harder than most would dare that are doing their own tuning, but I also have a 13 2.0 eco that I,ve been tuning on for five years. SO going to HP wasn't a big change from Cobb.

Have a 2015 F150 2.7L. I dont know anything about tuning one. Would be interested in learning to try and get more power and more mileage. Anybody interested in helping PM me. Thank you.

Well first off, most will tell yo that you never really gain any millage when you tune a car, issue is you tend to put your foot in it more due to the new found power you have on tap. That being said you can gain fuel millage, but you gotta know how to drive it too. Second, if you don't know anything about tuning, you have a lot to learn. It's not easy, and there are a lot of things you need to understand. Ecoboost motors are not easy to tune, there are lot of things you can change. Change the wrong stuff , and you can end up with a mess. Good thing is, the system is somewhat forgiving, and puts up with a lot.

Tuner in Training
    To answer it's original question, its after the translation. It can't be done by the throttle because when in OP mode the throttle closes often to control boost and would have a chance of dropping out of OP when it should still be commanded. Load is another limiter for entering OP, If you would like it to be only limited by load, you can set your throttle position way down. I've found that 70% pedal is a good spot for optimum power. It helps push the enrichment a bit quicker.

Digging up an old thread, but back in July I finally got the 3.0 chargers and UP down pipes on the car. Been a fun time getting things dialed in to say the least, but I'm there for the most part.