Thread: 02 Cyclic Dropping - Stutter on Idle

02 Cyclic Dropping - Stutter on Idle

Hi, I'm a rookie with HP Tuners and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a stutter at idle ever few seconds that feels like a misfire despite indicating any. I have noticed my 02 sensors dropping and rising cyclically and wonder if anyone can help me diagnose what's going on here. 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, V8 53 Gen IV, LC9. The only modification that I have done is an AFM/DOD Delete last Spring with a stock (non-AFM) cam and lifters.

Log: 21-01-25 13-21-51.hpl
    Tune: 2011_GMC_Sierra_1500_SLE_V8_53_Gen_IV_LC9_AFM_Disabled_2020_06_20.hpt

Any insight is welcome. Thanks,
    -James

O2 sensors are suppose to go up and down like that. They move less when there is less exhaust flow through the pipes of course.

Is the camshaft still VVT or did you remove that too?

Simple things to do would be just raise the idle rpm 50-100rpm see what it does. Play with idle timing and see if it likes more or less timing to smooth it out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the reply and I apologize of not responding sooner. The camshaft is still VVT. If I increase the idle the problem continues but less noticeable.