Thread: LS3 in 32 Ford Hot Rod - tuning help

Potential Tuner

LS3 in 32 Ford Hot Rod - tuning help

First LS swap and tuning adventure.
    I have it running fairly well at idle and mild cruise - VVE still needs work.
    Looking for review and anything I may have missed.
    Running in SD due to the intake / air filter change - no place for MAF.

Tune and log attached along with a photo of what I am working on.
    Thanks for looking.

Here is what I am running:
    GMPP Crate LS3/430 and 4L65e
    2007 TBSS PCM / TCM - custom harness built for the car.
    Only mods are block hugger headers, Holley intake to run Throttle body on top and LS classics air filter so intake looks more traditional, Billet specialties valve covers to hide coils.
    No internal engine changes.
    MAF is still present for IAT but not in air intake.
    AEM 30-0334 wideband

Do get some occasional random misfire codes - does not feel or sound like its misfiring.
    Some surge with throttle held just above idle ~750 RPM seems to bounce between ~700-950
    1-2 shift is very firm, chirp tires at low speed, 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are quick and firm but not objectionable.
    Pretty solid clunk going from Park or neutral to drive or reverse at idle.

TBSS LS3 SD Tune 9 - DRIVE.hptRun Tune 9 DRIVE 20210125.hplIMG_5415.jpgIMG_5416.jpg

The MAP sensor data may be incorrect. It's going well above 100kpa at few times in that log, possible the linear and offset settings aren't right for that sensor.

Set the other two MAF codes to MIL first error so it goes straight into speed density. You can lower the high/low count thresh tables way down and set the two time tables from 1.0 to 0 seconds.

Timing at idle is a little low, try 18 degrees and raise the idle rpm to 650-700rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I neglected to list the MAP change above - I switched to the Holley 554-133 1 Bar MAP.
    Trying to get data values from Holley tech line.
    Working on the other changes - thank you!