Thread: Lock Pin Tables

Tuner in Training

Question Lock Pin Tables

Hey Guys,

I'm in the process of installing a Texas Speed Cam with a locked phaser. Does the PCM look for timing from the lockpin tables if the phaser is locked out?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure but alot of people just make all the timing tables the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 732mopar View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm in the process of installing a Texas Speed Cam with a locked phaser. Does the PCM look for timing from the lockpin tables if the phaser is locked out?
    Will need to validate that, but my understanding is the PCM won't know the cam isn't moving so it will still be sending the signals from looking at the VVT tables and telling the engine what to do based on those tables. It's best to set the sweep to just a few degrees within the phase limiter. Sounds like you actually locked it out, I would think you would need to lockpin to match the lockout... I'm just getting into VVT tuning so not expert, but from what I know to this point that's the input I can provide.

Advanced Tuner
    The PCM knows when the cam moves.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    The PCM knows when the cam moves.
    Thanks... So the cam position sensor sends feedback to the PCM to confirm position? I wasn't sure if it just told the cam what to do based on the tables. Seems like it would kick out a fault code eventually if the was locked and the PCM was telling it to move.

Advanced Tuner
    A good tune will not ask it to go where it can't.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    A good tune will not ask it to go where it can't.
    That is my line of thinking as well, so to my point lock the cam within the tune to match the physical lockout of the cam. That way it's not trying to read the tables mapped to VVT i.e adjusting airflow and timing.