Thread: Fuel base cold vs etc vs load 0.95 (actual 0.75)

Fuel base cold vs etc vs load 0.95 (actual 0.75)

Fuel base cold vs etc vs load is 0.95 for cold start up. Lambda actual is 0.75. What and where would I change that to get around 0.90? I just feel like 0.75 is to rich.

what are you using to read this af ratio? the stock o2's or additional welded in bung/3rd party o2?

the stock ecu doesnt register the o2 sensors until minimum temp is met, and usually there is a decent swing as the closed loop feedback comes alive.
    here is what ive typically logged, large swing to -25 ish fuel trims (0.75 commanded) then quick drift to more expected -10 then on closer to zero as things warm up.

commanded includes the st/lt adjustments. but the acutal output (WB measurement) is 1.0

cold start-entering closed loop.png

changing the fuel base cold should change what the actual goal is. But i would make sure of what you are seeing. post a log. trim out the channels that arent needed and stick to fuel/o2 sensors etc..

stock and aftermarket (zt-4). initial start up cold its around 0.75 about 15-20 seconds after start up it starts to lean up after 60s and in closed loop it does go to around 1.00 lambda with a small swing. i just felt like that was a little rich for start up and something like 0.90 would be more suitable due to me not being in a cold climate ( south Georgia).

ive tried running 0.95 lambda across the board for the cold fuel table but i think im missing logging any change because its out of that table once the o2 sensors start reading. just doesnt show anything different than stoich once fuel source exits cold start.

would be curious for you to try commanding 1.05 or 1.10 in the 0.33 and lower load cells on the fuel base cold and see what it gives you since you have an external wideband and running rich with 1.0 in there now.

i believe the ecu simply uses the maf air reading and fuel inj settings to calc the amount that should be needed for stoich or what ever is called in the table.

stock maf or whats the intake setup and injectors?

I believe it uses speed density settings until it "wakes up" so if you wanted to change it then you could go in to speed density multiplier for the mapped point you use for emissions reduction and set it to something other than 1.0