Thread: 6.0 Powerstroke Plugged Spill Port Injector Tuning

Tuner

6.0 Powerstroke Plugged Spill Port Injector Tuning

Trying to get this truck to idle without a lope. The spill ports are plugged on the injectors and from what I understand I need to lower the amount of fuel at idle. I can do this with pulse in the FICM but I am wondering if there is a cleaner way in the ECM. I can't for the life of me figure out what is controlled Fuel Mass Desired at idle to try and lower it that way.

Injectors are a Warren 155/stock nozzle.

I lowered the pulse in the FICM and got the lope to go away but as the truck warmed up it came back. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    Got it figured out. I was misinformed / lacked knowledge. Adding ICP was the trick to get rid of the lope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadams87 View Post
    Got it figured out. I was misinformed / lacked knowledge. Adding ICP was the trick to get rid of the lope.
    Thanks for posting the answer to the problem, it is sure to help me!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadams87 View Post
    I'm up against the same thing and was trying to go about it the way you first did as well. I then found this post but it seemed like adding ICP made it worse. (I'm running 175/30s) It "idles" really wacky while coasting down to a stop with trans in the "D" position. Where are you adding ICP? I've tried to get a starting point to work with in HPTuners by logging/monitoring/reviewing a couple of custom tunes for these injectors but it seems like I'm missing something BIG. (I'd like to get rid of pilot injection hoping the rumors of improved economy are true, but one thing at a time.) Mine's backwards from what yours was doing. Cold it is much worse than warm.

Many TIA!!

Banned
    if you send me your tune i can help you out. whats the strategy?

I have been playing with my idle watching some of these threads and I got it to clean up when it's warm and doesn't fog when cold. However, I picked up what I would call a cyclic idle when at temp now. It bounces about 50 rpms. Engine is balanced with a colt cams stage 3, shaved and delipped pistons and 190/30's. Is this because the engine is over revving due to too much fuel and then chopping to compensate?