Thread: Flow Rate vs KPA table tuning with new injectors

Tuner in Training

Flow Rate vs KPA table tuning with new injectors

Hi guys,
    I recently installed 60# injectors in my L67 3800 and am working on tuning them. I noticed that my current tune had the table flat across the board at 38.4 lb/hr. I referenced the factory tune and its definitely not constant, so either the canned tune I purchased or the dyno tune I had done previously must have changed that table. Since injector flow rate is dependent on pressure it shouldn't be flat, right? Here is what the stock curve looks like

stock.PNG

Since I have done my MAF tuning on the flat Flow Rate vs KPA table I kept it flat while I was tuning it, and I found that having it flat at 62.2 lb/hr seems to give fairly accurate AFR at idle and low throttle, however it gets pretty rich at higher MAP pressures and throttle values, so it sounds like to me I need to move away from the flat curve. This is where my question lies.

First, 0 Manifold Vacuum (left side) is WOT and 100 KPA (right side) is idle, correct? Assuming so, I should increase the left side of the table to pull some fuel out at high MAP pressures and WOT, correct? If so, that's the opposite of the factory tune as the left side is lower, and it doesn't make sense to me since at WOT the injectors should flow less and require a lower flow rate value, right? So why does my engine seem to want the opposite? Should I continue tuning it this way and increase the flow rate at WOT to pull some fuel out, or should I drop all of this and take the factory table and scale it up proportionately and go from there? I'll attach my current tune and recent log file.

drive 9-2.hpl
    drive 9 1.04 linearized 0 VAC side.hpt
    Attached Images Attached Images