Thread: 2015 Roush f150 Base File

2015 Roush f150 Base File

Currently dealing with a customer's F150 that came in that had a roush installed and a tune from another tuner that is corrupt or something on an SCT. Crank no run situation. Can restore stock file and it'll at least fire with it for a second. I'm going to tune it myself but do not have a stock 15/17 roush calibration to start from. Can anyone help me with that? I've done searches and found whipple files but no roush for the trucks in the forum or repository... I have mainly only dealt with gen1 vehicles when it comes to roush type blowers.
    Last edited by konabluekiller; 01-27-2021 at 04:35 PM.

I'm sure you can get a flash through Roush (latest calibration would be your best starting point)

How would I go about that?

Contact Roush

399 for a calibration and cannot use hptuners or any interface to flash.

Should be free if the customer has already paid for it

20 years of pirating has taught tuners a lot when it comes to protecting their software. Fords are complicated and a lot of r&d has gone into the tunes and people who have done the work are not about to share anything. Maybe have to flash it stock and start from square one.

Technically we are all pirating Ford’s stuff even when starting from scratch with a stock os.

using the current Roush as a base file gains the end user a much better driving experience with roush’s “bypass logic”.

Aftermarket tunes on ford’s with positive displacement blowers will typically have light switch engagement as the bypass closes without a way to control it like Ford does (Roush and Whipple both use Ford racing os with bypass logic)
    Last edited by LastPlace; 02-07-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Look for a whipple truck file to reference. Or a mustang gen2 file for reference. Either would be close enough to reference from for starting with a stock file. That?s what I?d do if I needed a reference I think,

Good info, how exactly are they controlling the bypass valve.

Advanced Tuner
    So can't pull a read from Roush any longer or just can't flash the tune. I would think a Ford dealer would be able to flash it. Then you pull a read and make your adjustments.

But I'm not a pro so just something to think about, ask Roush who is capable of flashing.
    Last edited by K44; 02-07-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    PM your email and I can send you a stock file and a slightly modified from a 2016 I did

Tuner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ishyne22 View Post
    attached is a 2017 f150 Roush file.
    thanks! another great reference file.

Thank you guys. Sorry I haven't replied. The truck ended up having some mechanical issues that needs fixing then I can go about finishing the tune. I have these saved for future reference. Your help is very appreciated.