Thread: Can someone Look at My ZL1 Tune Spent $2000 on Tuning with local tuners cant fig out

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Can someone Look at My ZL1 Tune Spent $2000 on Tuning with local tuners cant fig out

I have a 2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1, kinda hoping with some experience with this particular car and my setup because I feel like I have potential power that I am loosing some where. Maybe rich not very sure... let me describe my setup and issues

logs are on E85
    01-27-21 zl1 pull 2 hestitated at end.hpl
    01-27-21 zl1 pull.hpl
    Carlos ZL1 01.27.21.hpt

Ok so I got a roto fab filter smaller 2.5 pulley on top with isolator, larger intake cooler with reservoir. Kooks Headers no cats flowmaster, for fuel I have an auxiliary pump, injector dynamics 1050s E85 Sensor. MSD coils and wires cooler spark plugs 7s NGK. the car is an automatic ... I feel I should be breaking 700hp to the wheels with E85 but get 670-680. I can live with that.
    What I have been trying to fix is that when I am accelerating, if for whatever reason I let go of the gas, then try to get back on it hard it hesitates and actually doesn't go for like two seconds... I have to let go of the gas wait half a second and re-engage the throttle then I can go. I recorded two logs. The second log captures it towards the end like 2 min before I stopped the log. My last tuner blamed this on Torque Management or something like that and supposedly he turned it off... no difference.

I am also putting the current tune up and see if anyone can make suggestions I can improve on. I do have HP tuners and license to my car and can make changes but just have been holding back to make changes at this point with all the addons.

I appreciate all your help, thanks in advance, respect all your knowledge and experience.

Where you from?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner
    There are far more capable people on here than me. But my setup is very similar to yours (minus the E85, I'm on pump). LSA with bolt ons + 6L90 on 98 Octane (equivalent to your US 93)

I notice when you get into the throttle you go extremely lean for a brief moment. I presume this will be where you feel the hesitation?

On my setup the stock transient fuelling is good. You don't appear to have a wideband hooked up so to check this you need to run one into your logs.

Your VVE is still stock. During throttle transients the VVE is used as a part of the airflow calc. The job of this table is to help out in exactly the situation that you face your problem in. At a minimum add the VVE airflow channel to your logs. With that during a throttle transient you can look at your fuel trims then look at the MAF and VVE air flows and compare them against the dynamic air flow. This will show you which is the dominant airflow in the dynamic air calc. I'm picking the VVE is way out.

Can't offer any insight on your timing. Your E85 modifier is adding in some. All I have read is that you have to be careful with E85 I.e. bent rods & lifted heads as it will allow you to advance the timing past MBT.

Get another log with the VVE air flow in there an we will see

Senior Tuner
    This should be a fairly easy setup to tune. I wouldn't get too hung up on dyno numbers as the car will dyno quite a bit different depending on the air even though the dyno is (should) be corrected for ambient conditions.

On another post I saw that your VVE is stock. This is the issue with the hesitations and delay. With that setup the VVE must be tuned.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by LunaAZtech View Post
    I have a 2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1, kinda hoping with some experience with this particular car and my setup because I feel like I have potential power that I am loosing some where. Maybe rich not very sure... let me describe my setup and issues

logs are on E85
    01-27-21 zl1 pull 2 hestitated at end.hpl
    01-27-21 zl1 pull.hpl
    Carlos ZL1 01.27.21.hpt

Ok so I got a roto fab filter smaller 2.5 pulley on top with isolator, larger intake cooler with reservoir. Kooks Headers no cats flowmaster, for fuel I have an auxiliary pump, injector dynamics 1050s E85 Sensor. MSD coils and wires cooler spark plugs 7s NGK. the car is an automatic ... I feel I should be breaking 700hp to the wheels with E85 but get 670-680. I can live with that.
    What I have been trying to fix is that when I am accelerating, if for whatever reason I let go of the gas, then try to get back on it hard it hesitates and actually doesn't go for like two seconds... I have to let go of the gas wait half a second and re-engage the throttle then I can go. I recorded two logs. The second log captures it towards the end like 2 min before I stopped the log. My last tuner blamed this on Torque Management or something like that and supposedly he turned it off... no difference.

I am also putting the current tune up and see if anyone can make suggestions I can improve on. I do have HP tuners and license to my car and can make changes but just have been holding back to make changes at this point with all the addons.

I appreciate all your help, thanks in advance, respect all your knowledge and experience.

Here is a 2012 ZL1 on 91 pump with no Ethanol. 704/690 On stock blower with same pulley as yours with same type mods except no E85.

dyo.png
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Not enough PIDs or the right ones to tell what is wrong.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Senior Tuner
    might be good that your flex timing isn't adding in for what ever reason as u would have been around the 30 deg wot, not sure if that's good in those seems a bit high even on ethanol

Tuner in Training
    from AZ