Thread: Spark source: Torque control

Tuner in Training

Spark source: Torque control

Hello all, I'm trying to sort out an issue when part throttle. What's happening is spark source is jumping from borderline to torque control when shifting into the next gear, sometimes this doesn't happen and the car will follow the borderline tables just fine but other times it falls flat and timing drops, this only happens in part pedal scenarios. Speaking with another member he suggested to take a look at my tq tables since I have sight errors. Is there anything else I should take a look at?
    torque control.hpltunre in progress.hpttq control.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by littleb5911 View Post
    Hello all, I'm trying to sort out an issue when part throttle. What's happening is spark source is jumping from borderline to torque control when shifting into the next gear, sometimes this doesn't happen and the car will follow the borderline tables just fine but other times it falls flat and timing drops, this only happens in part pedal scenarios. Speaking with another member he suggested to take a look at my tq tables since I have sight errors. Is there anything else I should take a look at?
    torque control.hpltunre in progress.hpttq control.jpg
    Is your car an automatic, if so, is torque reduction still enabled in the trans section of the tune. It will cause the timing to drop during shifts.

It's throttle angle shutting you down not the spark. In your transmission settings under torque mgmt I suspect clutch protection. It's just a guess though

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Coyote View Post
    It's throttle angle shutting you down not the spark. In your transmission settings under torque mgmt I suspect clutch protection. It's just a guess though
    The car is a manual. I?ll take a look at those settings tomorrow, would it be safe to disable trans limit and clutch protection? The car probably doesn?t make more then 180whp and I?m certain this manual can take more of a beating then that

Gear box limit in torque mgmt tab/transmission

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by littleb5911 View Post
    The car is a manual. I?ll take a look at those settings tomorrow, would it be safe to disable trans limit and clutch protection? The car probably doesn?t make more then 180whp and I?m certain this manual can take more of a beating then that
    Yeah it will be safe to disable. I always do on coyote and never have an issue. Also raise your clutch energy joules, and max torque limit.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Yeah it will be safe to disable. I always do on coyote and never have an issue. Also raise your clutch energy joules, and max torque limit.
    Anything else I should take a look at? The torque control issue I?m having is only in part throttle scenarios and it still occurs when quickly shifting. At wot this isn?t an issue

Tuner in Training
    Bumping thread. Was this ever resolved? I'm having a similar issue to this.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDoug View Post
    Bumping thread. Was this ever resolved? I'm having a similar issue to this.
    Hey there, It`s been a while but i have since resolved this issue. I can follow borderline tables now nice and smooth.. so, for me it was anti-shuffle in airflow-electronic throttle. What I did was disable antishuffle, set rpm to redline, and also turned off tipin MGMT. this was on a 2018 ford focus se
    Attached Images Attached Images