Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Tuner in Training

While searching manifold swaps I came across this forum and have some questions?

I have a 2015 Mustang GT with the Ford performance pack 2 tune. I would like to swap in a 2018 manifold and keep the IMRC. Has anyone been successful in changing voltage values in the Ford tune? There are many options out there for a new tune Lund, PBD, VMP and so on... I just like the conservative tune from Ford Performance and would like to take advantage of the air flow of the 18 manifold.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by My Stang View Post
    While searching manifold swaps I came across this forum and have some questions?

I have a 2015 Mustang GT with the Ford performance pack 2 tune. I would like to swap in a 2018 manifold and keep the IMRC. Has anyone been successful in changing voltage values in the Ford tune? There are many options out there for a new tune Lund, PBD, VMP and so on... I just like the conservative tune from Ford Performance and would like to take advantage of the air flow of the 18 manifold.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan
    You would have much less of a headache disabling the imrc. The 18 manifold produces good torque on the 11-17 cars anyways so having the imrc is kind of an unnecessary complication. That being said there are adapter harnesses from some companies, i dont know how well they work though.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Tuner in Training
    aaronson,
    I'm trying to stay away from the dreaded CEL light when running the 18 manifold. Is it possible to delete the IMRC function from the Ford power pack 2 tune with the Hp-tuners program? Or am I going down a rabbit hole for no reason.

Advanced Tuner
    aaronson,
    I'm trying to stay away from the dreaded CEL light when running the 18 manifold. Is it possible to delete the IMRC function from the Ford power pack 2 tune with the Hp-tuners program? Or am I going down a rabbit hole for no reason.
    When you say power pack do you mean you did an engine swap. Or are you referring to the performance pack package that?s an option when you buy the car?

Tuner in Training
    aaronson,
    Its an add on tune from ford performance. Level 2 is GT350 throttle body and cold air intake with tune from Ford Performance.

Advanced Tuner
    aaronson,
    Its an add on tune from ford performance. Level 2 is GT350 throttle body and cold air intake with tune from Ford Performance.
    Oh then yeah just use a roush rs3 tune to setup your mapped points and disable your imrc. Then go to engine diagnostics and turn off the imrc values that would set a check engine light and you shouldn?t have an issue

the frpp2 tune has the needed tables to keep the imrc working just fine. personally id vote keep them.

my18 imrc sensor settings.png

make these setting changes after using the vmp harness adapters and call it a day. no other changes are needed to get the my18 imrc to work without codes. drives like stock. have been running this on stock OS since last summer. will swap the tb and load the frpp2 tune back to check in a week or so but cant see it being any different. the logging i have done shows the frpp2 to have higher limits for correcting TB and airmass errors.

alternatively if you want to delete them, at least check all the tables are present on the frpp2. it is not fully populated like the normal gt OS in all areas.

Tuner in Training
    aaronson,
    Thanks.

Grim5.0
    My car is in storage until May. I'm gathering as much info I can before I do the swap. My original plan was to keep IMRC in tact and modify ford tune. I have the 18 Manifold with the harness adapters should I start with Hp tuners mpvi2 and a few credits? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the money, the credits+ the mpvi2, its hard to beat. the frpp2 tune is a great starting point. id spend time logging it as is, make maf curve changes and get used to seeing 'normal' before a change. You can watch the fuel quality via KR and see where your at and really simple to switch to e85 with the stock injectors so long as you stay on the stock manifold. flex fuel works just fine on that tune as well. just a few tables needing to be corrected/populated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim5.0 View Post
    the frpp2 tune has the needed tables to keep the imrc working just fine. personally id vote keep them.

my18 imrc sensor settings.png

make these setting changes after using the vmp harness adapters and call it a day.
    Grim5.0,
    Being a total newbie I'm feeling like any changes = Boom!
    Let me try and understand what your saying. You have been running a stock 15-17 ford mustang tune with a my18 manifold with only the changes outlined in the above sensor config. and the car feels good. Should I manually change the values or copy and paste. I look forward to your update after you swap the tb and load the frpp2 tune.
    Last edited by My Stang; 02-02-2021 at 03:26 PM.

that is correct. those are the only changes to swap manifolds and have the imrc function as normal. the car will drive just the same but you will not benefit from the extra breathing room unless you bump the rev limiter. i copied what the frpp3 tune does with the IPC torque limits as well. never hit those limits but figured if ford moved those limits, i should.

Tuner in Training
    that is correct. those are the only changes to swap manifolds and have the imrc function as normal. the car will drive just the same but you will not benefit from the extra breathing room unless you bump the rev limiter.
    Grim5.0,
    I have been looking over tune files and have noticed "Manifold Volumes", would changing the Manifold volume to 12.5 help calculate the extra air flow volume?
    15-17 = 11.96
    18-20 = 12.5
    GT 350 =12.56

it helps with the SD model staying accurate which iirc murfie has mentioned helps with transient fueling and a failsafe for if/when the maf sensor fails.

yes the change is one i have made and one i would recommend. (my18, 12.5L) The more accurate the data is from the variables, the less 'tuning' is required.
    Last edited by Grim5.0; 02-19-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Grim5.0,
    If I wanted to add a flex tune down the road. Would I need the 47lb injectors what would be recommended Ev6 or Ev14?

Thanks Dan

Advanced Tuner
    If you change to the 18 manifold and want to use E85, yes you will need at a min LU47's Ford's data is bad so search for good data. I have an injector thread with good data.

If you want stock drivability keep the cmcv's. They do not hurt performance any. When they are not in use they do not restrict anything.

yea injectors larger than stock will be needed, stock injectors, stock intake mani, e85, catback and gt350 TB and intake = 90% inj duty cycle near redline. 100% when COT kicks in.

the lu47 sold by ford performance are a great plug and play option. would use the data shared in k44 thread, specifically txcharlie old tune.

if you are staying NA, this is all the inj you will likely need. in the low 70% on DC with the my18 manifold and e85 now.
    Last edited by Grim5.0; 02-19-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    yea injectors larger than stock will be needed, stock injectors, stock intake mani, e85, catback and gt350 TB and intake = 90% inj duty cycle near redline. 100% when COT kicks in.

the lu47 sold by ford performance are a great plug and play option. would use the data shared in k44 thread, specifically txcharlie old tune.

if you are staying NA, this is all the inj you will likely need. in the low 70% on DC with the my18 manifold and e85 now.
    What tune is that? I used the ford performance data and got my total fuel trims within 1-3% with an ported 18 mani, and jlt. I?m curious what?s different. Is it the roush 575 file?

i do believe its the roush 575/stage 1 gen1 tune. how far off was it with JLT's provided curve before making changes?

ill post the data plotted in k44 thread, its weird the variance for these injectors

Tuner in Training
    K44,
    What manifold are you using? I noticed in your tune manifold volume is set to 12.3 L

Advanced Tuner
    I'm doing some testing with the 18 and newer truck manifold.

So far I think it is a good swap if you want more low end torque and keep the same gen 2 HP. It pulls hard to the stock shift points.

I should have it lined out by next week, no dyno so the icy weather is slowing me down.