Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim5.0 View Post
    For the money, the credits+ the mpvi2, its hard to beat. the frpp2 tune is a great starting point. id spend time logging it as is, make maf curve changes and get used to seeing 'normal' before a change. You can watch the fuel quality via KR and see where your at and really simple to switch to e85 with the stock injectors so long as you stay on the stock manifold. flex fuel works just fine on that tune as well. just a few tables needing to be corrected/populated.
    Grim5.0,
    I just picked up the MPVI-2 and 2 credits, I'm going to take your advice and do some logging with the setup as is. What kind of gains could I except with a E-85
    flex tune with the frpp2 tune?

depends on the quality of your pump gas. on average my setup wouldnt hit mbt with the pump 93 around me, not consistently. logging mbt and spark helps to see how close are far from the target you are.

with e85 its a non issue. but e is supposed to take a bit more timing on the top end compared to 93 so keep that in mind. as far as actual hp, i couldnt tell you, never have dynoed this setup. maybe 5-10hp across the board depending on how much knock is getting picked up

frpp2 knock on pump gas.pngfrpp2 same pull, knock sensors.pngfrpp2 e85, mbt hit.png

The main problem you will see is not lack of power gains... You will be at the gas station A LOT! I get around 15MPG on E85 and 22MPG on 91 octane

Tuner in Training
    I'm Back...
    Grim5.0,
    I have a few questions if you could help.
    I'm trying to change the IPC torque limits. The RPM ranges are different PP2 is 650-5300 Vs PP3 500-8000. Is there a way to change the RPM values to match or just copy and past the values within the dialog box values?

right click on the column or row and you can edit each cell to your liking

attached is the frpp2 tune with gt350 tb and my18 mani with a 2-3 no lift shift pictured. i previously adjusted SD on the stock tb/my18 mani with the stock OS. those changes are in the tune. calculated baro would never read right, always 1-2inhg off. with the SD changes i had consistent baro calcs at part and wot throttle and within 0.2 of measured. cleaned up a lot of fuel trims while leaving the maf curve 100% stock too. still logging to see if this strategy will react the same on the cal baro. so far trending to baro like i had on the stock OS.
    back to stock cam timing for now.

picked up 1-1.5lb/min on the top end with no maf curve changes. forgot how nice the gt350 tb is with this strategy.

frpp2 gt350tb.png

FRPP 93 MY18.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Grim5.0, if in reading this correctly you are adjusting the tune from ford for the power pack 2 kit via HP tuners with the MPVI2?

If so I didn't know this was possible. Thought you had to go back to stock tune then get the tune read with HP.