Thread: First Tune HELP - No throttle when in gear

Potential Tuner

First Tune HELP - No throttle when in gear

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at tuning so I'm sure this is an easy fix. I'm sure there are already posts about this but I wasn't able to find them during my searching. Just put an L99 into my buddy's '58 Apache. Motor, Trans, gas pedal and throttle body all came from the same 2012 Camaro SS. Should be a pretty basic tune because nothing was deleted other than the bank 2 O2 sensors and evap. Disabled VATS, used the Gear/Tire wizard to adjust trans parameters for new tire size and gear ratio and disabled O2 bank 2 MILs. Outside of that nothing was changed on the stock tune.

Motor starts and runs fine. When in Park or N throttle responds as expected. When put in gear there is no throttle response. My buddy said he checked the 12v coming from the brake pedal. Any other ideas of what it could be? Tune file attached. Thanks for the help!!!

-Kerb
    Attached Files Attached Files

That sounds like limp mode. Being it goes into it when you put it in gear leads me to think it has something to do with the transmission and ecu not getting along. Not sure why but that is where I would start. I know that is not much help. If I can think of a reason I will let you know.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Openwheel, thanks for the reply. Can I tell it is in limp mode by logging somehow?

Does it have any trouble codes present when it happens?

Potential Tuner
    I scanned for codes when it was in park (no codes) but haven't checked when it's in gear. I'll do that tonight and post results. Any other info I need to grab when I'm there?

Tuner in Training
    any chance you figured this out? I have tghe same thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by broken-tuner View Post
    any chance you figured this out? I have tghe same thing going on.
    Is it possible its looking for something from a Body Control Module?
    The screen shots below are from a Tech Guide for a 6L80E and it seems to integrate mode control switches (N in the diagram) into the BCM.

Might want to try opening your own thread with a Title Like "6L90E swap Trans issues".... "6L90E swap wont move"
    There are really knowledgeable swap guys on here, but you have to catch their attention.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    hey thanks for the advice !
    i will try it

im not sure about the bcm question . i bought a complete set up from current performance harness for stand alone ect. ill ask it in a different way and will see how it goes