Thread: New 6l80e TCM

Potential Tuner

New 6l80e TCM

Hi guys. I have just bought a new transmission.
    Do the TCM is blank no programming. Can I use my files I already have and just upload it to the new tcm via HP

No. Needs programming with GM's SPS to set initial programming.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    No. Needs programming with GM's SPS to set initial programming.
    Thanks for the response

Senior Tuner
    I've seen probably over 100 T43 TCMS right out of the AC Delco box. In all those I think only 1 was actually blank and showed no segments. I program them for a few transmission shops. They typically don't have VIN #s in them but they have 4 valid segments. Usually not correct for the vehicle they are going into but can usually be programmed with a Write Entire if you read the original TCM first. I usually do them with a bench harness and Tunercat but I've done a few with HP Tuners too. The trick is reading the original before it is turned in for a core. And Tunercat programmed the one that was actually blank with it's force full program mode which is the same as HPT write entire.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    I've seen probably over 100 T43 TCMS right out of the AC Delco box. In all those I think only 1 was actually blank and showed no segments. I program them for a few transmission shops. They typically don't have VIN #s in them but they have 4 valid segments. Usually not correct for the vehicle they are going into but can usually be programmed with a Write Entire if you read the original TCM first. I usually do them with a bench harness and Tunercat but I've done a few with HP Tuners too. The trick is reading the original before it is turned in for a core. And Tunercat programmed the one that was actually blank with it's force full program mode which is the same as HPT write entire.
    Good to know. I have GM access so I have always just used SPS to do my initial programming. I was unaware that you could do a full programming with HPtuners.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Good to know. I have GM access so I have always just used SPS to do my initial programming. I was unaware that you could do a full programming with HPtuners.
    The Gen4 ECMs are the troublemakers, because of the two inaccessible segments for the integrated TAC. (fake edit: at least one of the hidden segments is TAC, I dunno if both of them are because hidden)