Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6R80 and 10R80 Training from The Tuning School

I picked this up having never tuned an automatic transmission before. It does have good stuff for the 'beginner', which for me, is getting things solidified in my head that I can build from. I've gone through my map on my Ranger and have used the information to make changes. Tomorrow, I'll go do some testing/logging and go from there. Once I am comfortable with how the transmission behaves, I'll go through and tune the engine for a little more power.

The book could use some more proof-reading though. I always get annoyed with that, particularly when it's a paid for product.

Advanced Tuner
    I have gone through the 10R80 portion on my 2020 mustang 3 times now and always gone back to the stock setting after a few days. All three stages produced the same results just at varying levels. Really aggressive 2-3 shift and 3-5 or 4-5 shift. 3rd and 5th gears were really hard shifts but didn't feel right. The paddle shifting also slowed down in response time which as weird. Perhaps I should try going back through and trying one clutch at a time or something. Also there would be a slight rpm spike that happened while the shift was taking place. Could not feel it or hear it but it would show on the data log. I am sure there good results to be had but my implementations did not deliver satisfactory results compared to how it works stock.

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    I have gone through the 10R80 portion on my 2020 mustang 3 times now and always gone back to the stock setting after a few days. All three stages produced the same results just at varying levels. Really aggressive 2-3 shift and 3-5 or 4-5 shift. 3rd and 5th gears were really hard shifts but didn't feel right. The paddle shifting also slowed down in response time which as weird. Perhaps I should try going back through and trying one clutch at a time or something. Also there would be a slight rpm spike that happened while the shift was taking place. Could not feel it or hear it but it would show on the data log. I am sure there good results to be had but my implementations did not deliver satisfactory results compared to how it works stock.
    Want to post your map? I was fine on my shifts with my first iteration, but I did have some part throttle weirdness, which I'm thinking is the torque converter after looking at the logs. I did not unlock the TCC for 1-5.