Thread: 6R80 Ford Ranger

Potential Tuner

6R80 Ford Ranger

Evening all.

Has anyone managed to get a decent map for the new 2020 ford ranger, mine is terrible, it slips the torque converter about 70% of the time when not laden, and more than that when it is towing, its a totally different map compared to 2018/ early 2019 map.

Mines a 3.2 diesel

Tuner
    By how much does it slip?. A little slippage can limit vibrations, but I'm still learning what the 6R80 is designed to allow. Some Aisin boxes are configured by OEM to allow a little slip almost all the time.
    I haven't started logging my Ranger yet, but will keep an eye out for this once I do.
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150

Potential Tuner
    It slips a lot, on the commute it?s awful, will slip for a long period, for instance if it?s slipping you can press the gas pedal and it wil slip from 1500 up to 3000 rpm until speed picks up it will then lock and instantly change gear,

Quote Originally Posted by Streffie View Post
    It slips a lot, on the commute it?s awful, will slip for a long period, for instance if it?s slipping you can press the gas pedal and it wil slip from 1500 up to 3000 rpm until speed picks up it will then lock and instantly change gear,
    Soo true pisses me off....its more fuel being used and car goes slower with torque converter slipping and more wear and tear on the gearbox....another awsome feature from our gay ford development team...shockers

Why isnt there any forums support for the 6r80 trans ? Is it really that hard to tune this tranny ? Might have to buy the quick 6 shift standalone tranny module box

Tuner in Training
    Post your tune up and I?ll compare it to mine, I?m pretty happy with my shifting.

Potential Tuner
    scotts wildtrack standard engine+trans.hpt

2015 standard engine and trans tune

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issue with mine could you maybe post your tune so I can compare it to mine or would you prefer I posted mine up. Thanks