Thread: Cammed 5.3 Wont Fire Up

Potential Tuner

Cammed 5.3 Wont Fire Up

I have a Cammed 5.3 LM7 Swapped 97 LT1 M6 Camaro, built the engine for the car reringed and rebearinged stock lm7 with arp headstuds, Summit 8708 stage 3 cam, chromoly pushrods, dual spring high lift valve springs, corvette ls6 intake. Finished the swap last year in june finished the rewire and repinning for the ls1 engine harness to lt1 body harness and got the tune down for the stage 3 cam and ls6 intake, texas speed 1-7/8 stainless headers and stainless catted y pipe. And this winter she sat for about 2 weeks in november and now she wont start. From the get go she has always fired right up my normal weather cold engine tune has always been slightly high on rpms 1100 to 1200 rpms my issue has always been running temp idle issues bogs to like 450-500 after being revved and catches itself to resume stable 800rpms but i dialed in my iac, throttle body butterfly adjustment and reset my tps and got it running great for my skills atleast.

Now the issue came when i let it sit for 2weeks when i couldnt find a shop to do an emissions test since its a cammed LS in an LT1 car engine doesnt match emissions sticker so no one will run it i have to take it to the county. Anyway temps were around 20degrees never been started in this temp and i went to start her and it wouldnt even sputter. I replaced my fuel filter since it has rust issues in the tank it previously sat for 5 years before i purchased it, installed a walbro 255 to get the LT1 running, then it blew a headgasket swapped in the LM7. Anyway so new filter and i checked fuel pressure and im getting 90ish psi fluctuates from high 80s to low 90s psi has LS6 intake and fuel injectors with returnless fuel rail. Then i found i had no spark, a fuse had melted and a relay seemed to not be clicking with key power replaced both and now she will sputter making progress now im thinking my tune and intake and cam combo is keeping from starting.

Im needing for some people to take a look at my tune to see if there are any areas for concern since im self taught attempting to tune for the changes ive made to the car. its a stock 2000 camaro 5.7 m6 tune adapted to run a cammed LM7 5.3 in a LT1 97 camaro.

Here is the layout, channel, most recent tune, last run file, and a couple no start files. Any help is appreciated!

80-90psi is about 20-30psi too much. You only want 58psi of fuel pressure on these.

Spray some brake cleaner or starter fluid down the intake, see if it runs for a second.

If it doesn't you still have a spark problem going on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.