Thread: Help with high idle in closed loop.

Potential Tuner

Help with high idle in closed loop.

I'm working on a 08 C6 base 6.2, that has me lost been chasing this issue for cpl weeks read every post I could find with no resolution. Car ran and idled decent before the latest addition of the ported TB and intake, car currently drives and runs really good and it idles almost perfectly around 925 rpm (could go lower but owner requested lil higher idle) in open loop and for a short period of time in closed loop then jumps up 4-500rpm ,can turn car off and restart and it'll idle fine for 5-10 seconds then jumps up 4-500rpm. pulls max timing, maxes out stft, tps bottoms out. If u command open loop w scanner it goes back to within 100 rpm. Tried every idle guide, tip and suggestion I could find or think of, car likes airflow around 12-14 g/s and timing around 16-18 everything seems fine until it gets into closed loop idle, played with all the adaptives tried tuning the o2s. After getting the maf dialed in reasonably close have it running good ,maf only to eliminate the VE interaction. No changes seems like nothing I do changes anything about the fault conditions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Car has a mild cam (don't know the specs) aluminum flywheel lightweight clutch assembly, under drive pulley ported rod-mod intake, ported TB, kooks 1-7/8 longtubes 3 inch X pipe high flow cats.

Without tune and logs with the right PID list of the issue it is impossible for anyone to give you solid advice.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Potential Tuner
    I understand was posting from my phone, here is the current tune, its set to dial maf in here. and a log from dead cold start up till it starts acting up. thanks again for any ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So is the TB the stock 90mm just ported? You need to log a considerable larger group of PIDs. MAF appears off by about 7-10% lean. Some logical assumptions. If the timing goes down but the RPMs go up. It can only be two things fuel or air. With the right PIDs you can tell which. It is most likely air if you do not mind post your stock tune as well. There are some interesting things in your tune that can lead to this an other issues.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm