Thread: WOT Fueling Issue (Gen 5 Viper)

WOT Fueling Issue (Gen 5 Viper)

I'm helping someone out with their car (2015 Viper), which has been tuned with HPTuners.

For those not familiar with Vipers, there really isn't much to mess with. I've addressed all available tables, so nothing outside of knock detection should be adding fuel.

I'm commanding an EQ of 1.15, and it is giving me 1.20 instead when logged. Doesn't matter if you command leaner, it still only gives you 1.20.

Unfortunately, I don't own the car, and don't know the entire history. That obviously complicates things.

Is there something that a faulty sensor or something else mechanical would cause the PCM to add extra fuel over what is being commanded?

The narrow band O2 sensors appear to be functioning properly when logged. That's all I've been able to verify (which is all over the phone or through email).

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    I have 2014 here right now and I have just started to tuning it. I will post more to my own thread later about my experiences and logs as well.

Anyway, I couldn't read any OBD2 error codes with the HPT Scanner, but professional OBD2 tool showed them. If there is a faulty sensor, you may not see an error without logging it and comparing it to a proper data, or using an OBD2 tool.

Interesting. The HPT Scanner can pull at least some codes for this one, but so far it hasn't helped. Wonder if there's anything hidden that a better tool might find?

Thanks for the thought.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130