Thread: Trying to read my 2015 Toyota 3.5.

Tuner in Training

Trying to read my 2015 Toyota 3.5.

I am so new at this please forgive me. I have succefully flashed a couple of GM LS truck ECU's and it all went pretty smooth. Thought I might unlock my Toyota as well. Plan to supercharge someday when the warranty period is through.So I plug it in and the process seems pretty much the same. It detects that there is an engine controller and a trans controller but the hardware feild is blank with a drop down selection listing different controllers. There are a few "Toyota" Denso options in the list but none of them seem correct because it fails to read the File from the ecu. I can obtain the information through VCM Scanner however is this information what i need to Identify my Controller ? How do I decode this? Am I even looking in the right place for the info im looking for? Please somebody point me in the right direction if they can. I HATE being a total newbie at ANYTHUNG but we all have to start somewhere. Right?

The info i can get through VCM Scanner reads as follows:

Protocol Info: ISO 15765-2, J1962: CAN, 500 kb/s

ECM: 7E8, CAN, ECM -EngineControl
    VIN: 4T3BK3BB1FU118761 - 2015 Toyota Venza, 3.5 L, 6 Cyl
    Calibration IDs: 30T24000, A0C01000
    Calibration VNs: 2D195CC4, 2C411C65
    Basic PIDs: 49
    Trouble Codes:
    Scanning Methods: ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Functional, ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Physical, CAN Listener

TCM: 7E9, CAN, TCM -TransmisCtrl
    Calibration IDs: 895360T05100
    Calibration VNs: 0C53C7F2
    Basic PIDs: 19
    Trouble Codes:
    Scanning Methods: ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Functional, ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Physical, CAN Listener

Tuner in Training
    Bump

Tuner in Training
    Unless I'm mistaken... HP Tuners doesn't support the Toyota Venza...

Tuner in Training
    Well I thought perhaps the Tacoma platform might be similar? Some TRD tweek? Isn't there any compatibility with ANY of the trucks with the 3.5? It is awd......... I just want to raise the rev limiter and play with some shift points. If I ever want to add a supercharger perhaps. Does there have to be a high enough demand for a vehicle to get HP tuner to support it? I dont imagine i just have to ask real nice now do I?

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately it's not as easy as "hey this has the same engine" on the software side. There is an immense amount of data (which tends to be expensive to acquire) that then has to be thoroughly validated by engineers in order to add support to a whole platform. I could be wrong, but I would say it is unlikely that they will ever support the Toyota Venza.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I'll keep checking, however.......A guy can dream, can't he?

Tuner in Training
    HPTuners does not support your car's ECU. There are other tools available that do support it. You will need BitEdit map editor and a Tactrix Openport 2.0 interface with PCMflash software. I've recently been helping out another guy who is reflashing his Venza ECU in order to run his engine with a supercharger, so I know the tools are definitely there for your car.

PS. The question of how HPTuners Toyota support came about and whether they are likely to ever extend it to other vehicles is.... complicated.